Fight'em Friday

I was unaware this was just a demo version of the song. (thanks to Social Distortion) So this un-mixed/mastered feel to the song is supposed to be that way. I kept listening thinking it just didn't sound like it was produced well. I look forward to listening to the final mastered version!

I was unaware this was just a demo version of the song. (thanks to Social Distortion) So this un-mixed/mastered feel to the song is supposed to be that way. I kept listening thinking it just didn't sound like it was produced well. I look forward to listening to the final mastered version!

This isn't the demo. This is the final master.

It sounds pretty official to me. GD'it IMFan, why are you never satisfied?!?!!!

Sorry. Social Distortion had mentioned that this was not the official album version, that it was a demo download. Whats the big deal? I like it. I am sure the final version will sound like a professional recording.

Wow, some people just always have to have something to bitch about.

I guess I just bitched about people bitching, which kind of proves my point...wait, what was my point?

Oh yeah, this new songs is GREAT!!!

It sounds good enough as it is, IMHO. I guess I am used to badly produced recordings. For me, it doesn't matter (unless the cymbals are too recessed, which always annoys me.) The bass response is much better than any other Belladonna era recording. The worse part cannot be changed (the speed-seems too slowed down) but the song is still pretty good, regardless this being or not the final version.

It's fun, sounds like them, and makes me smile. What's not to like about this little song?

It sounds good enough as it is, IMHO. I guess I am used to badly produced recordings. For me, it doesn't matter (unless the cymbals are too recessed, which always annoys me.) The bass response is much better than any other Belladonna era recording. The worse part cannot be changed (the speed-seems too slowed down) but the song is still pretty good, regardless this being or not the final version.

It's fun, sounds like them, and makes me smile. What's not to like about this little song?

I don't find this demo to be horribly produced, but compared to say POT, this sounds like a demo. But according to Social Distortion it IS a demo so it's all good!

The only party I am not that fond of is guitar in the chorus that sounds like Dragonforce or some shit. Not a fan of that guitar melody part. But whatever it is still a good song, not great but good, I look forward to hearing the rest of the album.

I don't find this demo to be horribly produced, but compared to say POT, this sounds like a demo. But according to Social Distortion it IS a demo so it's all good!

The only party I am not that fond of is guitar in the chorus that sounds like Dragonforce or some shit. Not a fan of that guitar melody part. But whatever it is still a good song, not great but good, I look forward to hearing the rest of the album.

I have been listening to Persistence of Time like 4 times now this week, and the production is not too good, IMHO. There's not enough bass presence, and not enough crunch, although the drums sound very good. I feel it sounds good, but clearly not a masterful production either. Most classic Anthrax tends to be marred by the production (most 80s thrash bands, for that matter.)

If this songs sounds even better in the final version, that would be most welcome. But I like the current "fullness" of the sound, compared to all other classic Anthrax recordings. If they are going to edit this, it should have a tiny bit more of crunch, IMHO, but that's just my preference, quite honestly.

I have been listening to Persistence of Time like 4 times now this week, and the production is not too good, IMHO. There's not enough bass presence, and not enough crunch, although the drums sound very good. I feel it sounds good, but clearly not a masterful production either. Most classic Anthrax tends to be marred by the production (most 80s thrash bands, for that matter.)

If this songs sounds even better in the final version, that would be most welcome. But I like the current "fullness" of the sound, compared to all other classic Anthrax recordings. If they are going to edit this, it should have a tiny bit more of crunch, IMHO, but that's just my preference, quite honestly.

I liked the crunchy sound on TGOTTE - is that close to what you mean?

Yes I would like to hear a bit more 'crunch' myself. But I am sure the final versions that are released to radio and what not will sound great.

I personally don't mind albums with not much bass, like ....And Justice For All for example. Some say there is NO bass on that album and it is my favorite sounding Metallica album. Also if POT has not much of a bass sound that is fine with me as well. I find that album to have plenty of guitar "crunch" so its all good in my book!

The track as it was given to me to put on the web was titled, "Anthrax -- Fight_em _til You Can_t_FINAL_MASTER.mp3" I think that says it all right there. But, just to be certain, I asked Scott. It is indeed the final track, not a demo.

Yes I would like to hear a bit more 'crunch' myself. But I am sure the final versions that are released to radio and what not will sound great.

I personally don't mind albums with not much bass, like ....And Justice For All for example. Some say there is NO bass on that album and it is my favorite sounding Metallica album. Also if POT has not much of a bass sound that is fine with me as well. I find that album to have plenty of guitar "crunch" so its all good in my book!

Oh, thankfully you can hear the bass on all the classic Anthrax albums! But I am talking more about a full bass response, more than the bass guitar itself. They tend to sound without too much bass depth, which makes them sound a tad thin. And I am listening to PoT right now, and I love the drums, but I do feel the guitars could use more crunch even there! :p (The bass guitar is always noticeable, BTW. Although it's a bit middy, such tone is intentional-it's what Bello wants.) So it's just me, I like a lot of upper mids in guitar distortion (as opposed to a scooped guitar tone ala Metallica.) Of course too much and it sounds super thin, but I do like lots of crunch. In my ideal world, the guitar should provide the crunch, and the bass... the bass!

Both spreading the Disease and Among the Living have more crunch, but they do sound rather thin. The drums on StD sound better than in AtL. SoE would have been SO MUCH BETTER with better production! I do love that one because it's tons of fun. Oddly enough, drums on SoE are also tons better than on AtL (to my taste.) But I do like the crunch as in AtL, but perhaps with a fuller bass response (bass overall, as in the frequency.)

I understand your feelings about Metallica's AJFA, I always liked that album's sound as far as I remember it (I haven't listened to it since last year, I think.) The bass guitar is criminally absent, they use their guitars to provide the bass. But I do like the sound, perhaps also because I also had it as an LP when I was a teen. I loved the drums that everybody hates on that album. :p That said, I don't play it as much as their first three offerings. But to my ears too, it does sound good (despite the lacking bass guitar-poor guy! He was pretty good on the Garage Days Revisited EP.)

It seems it's the official version, though, so I guess we can't expect any more crunchiness, hahaha! But at least it sounds fuller, and quite good (of course, IMHO.)

Edit: I just EQ'd a lot of low end, and PoT all of the sounds so much better. That's what I meant with a fuller bass response. I usually play stuff semi-flat, with the highest frequency way up to better listen to high end detail (cymbal work, etc.)

Oh, thankfully you can hear the bass on all the classic Anthrax albums! But I am talking more about a full bass response, more than the bass guitar itself. They tend to sound without too much bass depth, which makes them sound a tad thin. And I am listening to PoT right now, and I love the drums, but I do feel the guitars could use more crunch even there! :p (The bass guitar is always noticeable, BTW. Although it's a bit middy, such tone is intentional-it's what Bello wants.) So it's just me, I like a lot of upper mids in guitar distortion (as opposed to a scooped guitar tone ala Metallica.) Of course too much and it sounds super thin, but I do like lots of crunch. In my ideal world, the guitar should provide the crunch, and the bass... the bass!

Both spreading the Disease and Among the Living have more crunch, but they do sound rather thin. The drums on StD sound better than in AtL. SoE would have been SO MUCH BETTER with better production! I do love that one because it's tons of fun. Oddly enough, drums on SoE are also tons better than on AtL (to my taste.) But I do like the crunch as in AtL, but perhaps with a fuller bass response (bass overall, as in the frequency.)

I understand your feelings about Metallica's AJFA, I always liked that album's sound as far as I remember it (I haven't listened to it since last year, I think.) The bass guitar is criminally absent, they use their guitars to provide the bass. But I do like the sound, perhaps also because I also had it as an LP when I was a teen. I loved the drums that everybody hates on that album. :p That said, I don't play it as much as their first three offerings. But to my ears too, it does sound good (despite the lacking bass guitar-poor guy! He was pretty good on the Garage Days Revisited EP.)

It seems it's the official version, though, so I guess we can't expect any more crunchiness, hahaha! But at least it sounds fuller, and quite good (of course, IMHO.)

Edit: I just EQ'd a lot of low end, and PoT all of the sounds so much better. That's what I meant with a fuller bass response. I usually play stuff semi-flat, with the highest frequency way up to better listen to high end detail (cymbal work, etc.)

ahhh, okay I see what you are saying. Yes the bass response which pushes your speakers crunch meter to the test. I like that too. Maybe that is also what I thought was missing a bit on this new song. And yes I agree it sounded a bit 'thin' as well and could have used a bit more 'crunch' and overall 'beefiness'

But apparently this actually is the final version so it is what it is. I am sure they didn't have much of a budget to use for the recording process and is probably why Rob produced it and also played on it. So that makes a bit of sense.

I really do look forward to the album and to hear the rest of the songs!

The track as it was given to me to put on the web was titled, "Anthrax -- Fight_em _til You Can_t_FINAL_MASTER.mp3" I think that says it all right there. But, just to be certain, I asked Scott. It is indeed the final track, not a demo.

Thanks for the clarification, I will pass thing along to Social Distortion!

ahhh, okay I see what you are saying. Yes the bass response which pushes your speakers crunch meter to the test. I like that too. Maybe that is also what I thought was missing a bit on this new song. And yes I agree it sounded a bit 'thin' as well and could have used a bit more 'crunch' and overall 'beefiness'

But apparently this actually is the final version so it is what it is. I am sure they didn't have much of a budget to use for the recording process and is probably why Rob produced it and also played on it. So that makes a bit of sense.

I really do look forward to the album and to hear the rest of the songs!

Caggiano brings too much of a Damned Things element to the track too.