FILE SHARING WEB TORRENTS AND THE EVIL THEY DO.

MEGALOUD

The Nightmare Has Begun..
I JUST FOUND THIS ON LION MUSIC'S WEBSITE, A COMPANY I'VE WORKED WITH FOR SEVERAL YEARS....I ALSO HEARD LAST WEEK THAT MTM MUSIC in Germany has closed it's doors also, tried to find their website just as I post this and both are not online at present.

THIS ABOUT A WEEK AFTER FINDING THAT "OUR" (NIGHTMARE RECORDS ) NEWEST RELEASES ONLY A MONTH AGO HAVE HAD OVER 500 FREE DOWNLOADS ON JUST ONE TORRENT.

THIS IS INDEED TROUBLING.....PLEASE HELP KEEP THE MUSIC YOU LOVE COMING BY HELPING US TO STOP TORRENT TRADING!

PLEASE READ BELOW....

Dear Musicians,

We are NOT able to sign more artists. No demos or masters you send us will be considered for release. We will NOT listen to any mp3 files or check out your websites and we will NOT respond to questions regarding releasing your album.

The illegal file sharing on the net is killing independent music. We are sorry about this situation but we are sure you are aware of what is going on. Our demo policy will not change before our politicians have stopped the P2P sites. Illegal file sharing is not just about stealing from rich major companies. It is about killing independent music and making it impossible for many great musicians to have a chance to release albums and have a musical career even as a part time job.

Some people seem to think that file sharing does not affect record sales but these people don't know what they are talking about. All musical genres and all kinds of artists are suffering and so will the genuine music fans in the end when the music they love will no longer be available in any guise - free or not. Next time you consider downloading an album for free or adding new torrents please think of the impact you are having on the artists - would you like it if we came into your home and stole your paycheck?

To give you some facts and figures on how this is affecting just some of Lion Music releases please view below - stats taken from just 1 non leading bit torrent site (we are not going to give free advertising to which site it is):

Sun Caged - Artemisia: 2082 illegal downloads and rising

Tears Of Anger - In The Shadows : 1965 illegal downloads and rising

Section A - Parallel Lives : 1926 illegal downloads and rising

Seventh Wonder - Waiting In The Wings : 1672 illegal downloads and rising

Tomorrow's Eve - Mirror Of Creation II The Genesis : 1545 illegal downloads and rising

Mind's Eye - Walking on H20 : 1345 illegal downloads and rising

Sphere Of Souls - ...From The Ashes : 1316 illegal downloads and rising

Seventh Wonder - Become : 922 illegal downloads and rising

Vitalij Kuprij - Glacial Inferno - 898 illegal downloads and rising

Nightscape - Symphony Of The Night : 725 illegal downloads and rising

Moonlight Comedy - Dorothy - 662 illegal downloads and rising

From Behind - Game Over - 588 illegal downloads and rising

Engine Of Pain - I Am Your Enemy - 477 illegal downloads and rising

Venturia - A New Kingdom : 304 illegal downloads and rising

Whilst some of these figures may seem inconsequential, on our tight budgets this is very worrying news for the viability of these bands to surive in the long term.

If these downloads translated into sales (nearly all do not) then you would most likely be seeing these bands more on the live arena, with members not having to work every hour in other jobs to make ends meet. No one is getting rich of this - not the artists or Lion Music staff.

The next time you are about to hit download on the free torrent please take a moment to think of the artist and the consequences of your actions.

Thank you for your time.

The Lion Music Team

I'll admit there was time I was really bad about downloading music.
However these days I may down load one or two tracks from an album to see if I like it. If I do then I go buy the album.
I never download anything with out an intent to buy. It's just downloading a full song is better to get feel for the album than the small samples many sites offer.

So I feel there's a certin aspect that needs to be addressed. However if used more than just a sample I feel it's 100% stealing.
This industry is hard enough as it is for many of these bands to make it.
I personally know alot of bands that are signed to pretty darn good labels and yet they still work normal jobs as well because they cannot make enough with the album sales and such to live.

So remember if you steal and album you might be stealing someones meal ticket..

I agree, if your only downloading a couple of tracks to check and album out, great!!! it's a fantastic thing, then if you like it buy it, in fact if people would listen to the whole album, then only buy the tracks they liked on itunes or other legal download sites that would be freaking amazing and work really really well for band. I would even suggest that this would impress on bands in a lot of ways to write better, or help them to see which songs are making an impact, thereby helping their creative process to write songs that more people will enjoy, helping the band and the fans appreciation of them.

This would be perfect. And if by chance the people who downloaded the full album illegally, liked the entire album or 90 % of it, they might want the full on killer package with full artwork, Nightmare 99% of the time puts out 16 page full color booklets with our label releases as well so there is the bonus is buying the disc, that and of course the superior sonic quality of the music uncompressed to hell from mp3 conversion.