Final Song From My Former Band

DemonKnight5150

Stop scopies me
Nov 17, 2005
Baker City, Oregon
So my band broke up which is unfortunate but this is our final song. It's a song I came up with just sitting at the music room computer. It's about 13 minutes and 40 seconds long so I hope you have patience. I know it's pitchy in a few places but I didn't get a chance to correct it. Any feedback is great. Be gentle! LOL.

From Embers To Ashes

KK%2BChocolate%2BProducts.JPG

Decent tune. The growlie vocals aren't my cup of tea but the clean ones helped. Seemed like nice transitions between parts which one would need for a long song like this.

And just for the record Music is a serious business and we take it so serious that is comes across as if we aren't serious because of our intense serious attitudes. < puts in serious face and folds arms >

I had four glazed donuts for breakfast yesterday. But not just any glazed donuts. The BEST glazed donuts, which come fresh from the bakery at Minyard's grocery store. Don't get them often, but when I do, I have to indulge. They're just that fantastic. Derick can back me up on this.

Pretty decent tune, actually. As mentioned above, great transitions. I kinda thought you'd come back around to the first clean chorus to tie it together but it didn't need it.

I think you're missing the point here... The point being Donuts.

To be honest, I really have no desire anymore to make it big. All I want to do is create music. If something comes from it, so be it and I'll take it in stride, but it's no longer about advertising. I like to think of it as simply sharing more music. If no one likes it, that's perfectly fine because I didn't create it for them. It's my release and, even if it's not that good in other people's eyes, I cherish every moment that I can sit down and come up with something that provides me fulfillment.

To those of you who gave feedback, thank you very much for your honesty. It's nice to know that you liked the transitions. That's been one thing I've really focused on. I didn't want them to sound forced. As far as the growling stuff goes, yeah, it's okay. I'm, to be fair, really not that good at them but I was the only one who could do it without gagging so I took a shot. Since my band broke up, I will most likely be straying away from the growling stuff and primarily focusing on instrumental stuff.

To everyone else, you've at least given me a good laugh.

It always has to be for yourself. I too am at the point where I'm focused on making myself happy with my work FIRST and then usually people will follow.

Look forward to hearing your next project.

Now back on topic,
I had great mexican food yesterday while listening to the Fated Warning Parallels special edition CD. I have to look for me on the DVD from New Haven. lol

I've recently celebrated my 9-year wedding anniversary and I have a boy, 9, and two girls, 7 and 4 to show for it. They're definitely everything to me. I work at a bank. Don't particularly care for the job but it pays well. And then music is there right along side everything. It's good having constants in my life to keep me grounded. I used to be so defensive about the music my band made but now I want to know what areas of opportunity there are. I'm not talking about tearing apart the song to the point of being offensive but constructive criticism never hurt anybody.

On topic, I am making homemade burritos tonight for dinner and I can't fucking wait.