My Doom band..

griev0r

Here is Nowhere
May 13, 2007
Florida
Wasn't gonna post this in a new thread, but fuck it - Stefan and the guys do so I figured I'd throw it out there. :) Our debut album is being finished up finally, after 3 years! :kickass:

I know it's not death metal, but maybe some of you would enjoy our stuff. The biggest influences for the band are Sabbath and Candlemass. I guess the particular genre is 'epic traditional doom'. I've only got half of a song left to finish on drums then it's just finishing up vocals and off to mixing. Shouldn't be long now before we release it!

Wrath of Ragnarok is:
Pate (forum member here at UM) -guitars/songwriting
griev0r - drums
My uncle(lolz!) - vocals

The album is called Lost in the Dark and has 9 songs ranging from 5-8 minutes.

Here is a teaser with small clips from every song on the album that I put together. Keep in mind the levels/mixing hasn't been finished yet so not final mixes.

And full song of track 7 'The Slave Planet'

Hope you guys like it! :headbang::headbang::kickass::kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard already this on your myspace or I think you posted some links over here, definitely worth the checking...would like to listen the thing with a better quality, but it sounds awesome :)

We've had our myspace for years, but only 'Trapped in this Nightmare' was on it for a long time, and it was without my drums or any vocals. Thanks though! Once I get a good final mix for a song I'll share it. :)

You definitely will, has some very interesting shifts, I'm not a big fan of epic vocals but this def sounds interesting. Listening on my laptop. Background Keyboards would fit in nice hehe.

I think it sounds cool, total candlemass rip off but cool none the less. I do not like the vocals very much but they are still better than most new bands trying to play heavy metal/epic doom. Let us know when it is finished and I will definitley give it another listen. :)

Rip off?! ;) To be honest I don't listen to Candlemass so couldn't tell you there. I just know it's one of the influences for him along with a number of other bands.

I mostly listen to death/doom stuff like Saturnus and Rapture and so on so that's where I get my style of drumming, not the traditional style. I actually pushed for growls for awhile because we couldn't find a fuckign singer for so long, me and EmeticGore actually got together and recorded one with him growling, sounded pretty good to me. But he is the boss and wanted clean vocals and I think my uncle's voice fits this style of music pretty well.