Finally Saw Nevermore Live

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
I just saw them at the New England Metal and Hardcore festival.

Here's what I remember them playing:Enemies of Reality (new)
Engines of Hate
Inside Four Walls
7 Tongues of God
Beyond Within
Who Decides (new)
Narcosynthesis
The Sound of Silence

...damn-can't remember the name of the other two songs,although I think one was also a new one:Abomination.

I didn't catch the name, but it was either the guitarist or bassist from Jag Panzer playing with them.

Warrel is a complete nut. I swear he just kept on pulling people onstage to sing, then they'd jump back into the crowd. At the end of the last song they played (Sounds of Silence), there must of been 20 or so people on the stage with them. Warrel also wanted people to mosh. He reminded people when to "let loose".

more importantly

HOW DO THE NEW TRACKS SOUND?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

DNB STYLE?!?!?!?!?1
POE STYLE?!?!?!?!?!
IM STYLE?!?!?!?!?!
S/T STYLE?!!!??!!?!?!?
DHIADW STYLE?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXPLAIN THEM IN SENSUOSLY SEXY DETAIL!!!!!!!!
DOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

I was also at the show last night. Let me just say the New Nevermore rules all!, Fast heavy, crunchy, melodic, creepy!

:OMG:
Once again, the boys didn't let me down.
I eagerly await the new cd even more, if that is possible.:D

retarded penguin said:
more importantly

HOW DO THE NEW TRACKS SOUND?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

DNB STYLE?!?!?!?!?1
POE STYLE?!?!?!?!?!
IM STYLE?!?!?!?!?!
S/T STYLE?!!!??!!?!?!?
DHIADW STYLE?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXPLAIN THEM IN SENSUOSLY SEXY DETAIL!!!!!!!!
DOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

In short, they were POWERFUL.

Who Decides reminded me of Next In Line. But really, they were just classic Nevermore. I was really impressed with the overall sound. Warrel's voice live is as amazing as on the CD's.

Sensuosly Sexy Detail: Warrel kept on brushing his long blonde hair out of his eyes

I was also at the Metalfest last night...,
It was so ilL!!!!

I couldn't believe how many people they pulled up on stage!! I'd never seen anything like that! And everyone up there would scream into the mic with him..it was such an experience. The new stuff they played were certainly Nevermore tracks, but it sounded different from Dreaming Neon Black or anything.

A brutal show, it was so great to see all those bands together in one place.

-indarkness

I thought the other new song was called "Ambivalence", not "Abomination". It happened to be a slower tune; more along the lines of "Matricide" than anything off DHIADW. Enemies of Reality had a POE feel , but it was hard to tell -- the mix was pretty muddy (maybe that's why I think of POE rather than DHIADW). Who Decides reminded me of We Disintegrate if only because Warrel used his Halford voice for a portion of the verse. The guitar sound was way below par -- Loomis's rig crapped out during one of the early tunes and the sound man didn't get the levels up for at least 50% of the solo material (and I was standing near the mixer, the best acoustic seat in the house). Warrel sounded great when he sang; as previously mentioned, he spent a good 20% of the time inciting a riot and encouraging stage diving (great if you are in the first 20 feet, not so great if you are in the back of the house and missing out on the fun). Unfortunately, they were slotted after hometown heroes Shadows Fall, who pretty much tore the roof off the place -- by comparison, the crowd did not react with as much enthusiasm for Nevermore (although the front group in the floor was into it). Only caught a few other acts -- Diecast (pretty good hardcore/trash), Lacuna Coil (dull; suffered greatly from a bad mix); Killswitch Engaged (very good hardcore/trash -- great guitar sound); Shadows Fall (outstanding -- they could be the biggest beneficiaries of the return of Headbanger's Ball with a style that will rope in oldtime Metallica fans, young hardcore fans, and enough melody to win over some more power-metal oriented fans; plus, a ton of charisma). Left after two Opeth tunes; not my cup of tea.

I am embaressed to sayt i have never seen them live. i own all the albums and love tja band but sandlty have never had the oppurtunity to see them live. I was going to go to mass fest but didnt have the time. hope your concert was good though! pardon the druken engkich....

I haven't had the opportunity to see them live either. I doubt they even came to Canada before.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
I am embaressed to sayt i have never seen them live. i own all the albums and love tja band but sandlty have never had the oppurtunity to see them live. I was going to go to mass fest but didnt have the time. hope your concert was good though! pardon the druken engkich....

Same here. Except that I've seen some bootleg videoclips. Oh well, as long as the booze doesn't run out... :err:

Incendiare said:
I haven't had the opportunity to see them live either. I doubt they even came to Canada before.

actually nevermore has come to canada. i know of three times for sure in my area(toronto) and i saw em twice the two times they came to toronto on the DHIADW tour. they also came once with arch enemy for the DNB tour and AE's Burning Bridges tour.

they also had a canadian tour for DHIADW. they tour like fucking crazy. i can't wait until they hit toronto.................:headbang:

Actually Nevermore did a headlining tour through Canada in support of DHIADW. I think it was pretty much like a bar tour. I saw them in Edmonton and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to. I was a foot away from Loomis the entire night.