Finntroll 9/28 review

Black metal is not my area of expertise, which is why I won't comment at all on the band. I have never heard them on disc, only seen them live the one time.

Though, from a marketing perspective, I can certainly understand why a local BM band would wear corpse paint. You will certainly stand out at most shows you play. Furthermore, there are definitely a large number of young kids who will instantly be attracted to any band who wears corpse paint.

a truely talented band can come out and just play and win the crowd over. Using cheap theatrics doesnt make for a good live show.

You're 16. What could you possibly know about Manowar?
Why not try to actually write lyrics so you can quote yourself versus simply quoting another author's.
Anyone can quote someone else's lyric. Listen, listen, listen to music all day. It's not yours unless you've created it. That is what an artist does... "create". Just like Diabolik did with this thread. Learn.

It's amazing just how many are chiming in on this. lol

Our fans could care less about your opinion(s). Like it or not, you have been part of my audience.:loco:
By the way shouldn't you be practicing, or are you still busy quoting?

sorry to say that I havent ever met a fan of your band. I dont see people standing out in long lines to see Withering Soul. In fact I know more people who come late to miss you guys. hail satan.

I really wish there was an emoticon where the smiley smacks itself in the forehead. :lol:

Although, in lieu of that...:puke:

And sorry bro (Lykan)...you've actually done your band more harm than if you would've just letting it go.

Especially because if you would've spent more than a couple minutes on this forum before you posted a reply, you'd know Diabolik's style & that people don't value his opinions much on which bands he thinks are good or crap. :p

What will you do if a fairly respected music critic says essentially the same thing?? Hmmmm....maybe American black metal bands can set themselves apart from Scandinavian ones by instead of burning churches, you go around burning critics' homes... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry...couldn't resist. ;)

Giving a shit about what people think about your band isn't very kvlt.

Black Metal in illinois suburbs

"I go to schoooooool at Niles Nooorth... my parents are rich... SATAN's MY BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... I HAVE LONG HAIR, I DRINK NAIR, I HAVE NOTHING TO BITCH ABOUT! I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED!!! WATCH ME BLEED!!'

Or something.

btw.. go Hersey Huskies!! woo...woo!!

I grew up in Arlington Heights. The only metal I knew of was the random times I'd turn on Rebel Radio. I don't think there was even a scene when I lived there. It was all punk/ska/grunge. Except for a cool store near Navy Pier (where those Battletech units used to be), that had lots of METAL! (Slayer/Anthrax/etc) patches. I think it also had swords, knives and shit.

I really wish there was an emoticon where the smiley smacks itself in the forehead. :lol:

Although, in lieu of that...:puke:

And sorry bro (Lykan)...you've actually done your band more harm than if you would've just letting it go.

Especially because if you would've spent more than a couple minutes on this forum before you posted a reply, you'd know Diabolik's style & that people don't value his opinions much on which bands he thinks are good or crap. :p

What will you do if a fairly respected music critic says essentially the same thing?? Hmmmm....maybe American black metal bands can set themselves apart from Scandinavian ones by instead of burning churches, you go around burning critics' homes... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry...couldn't resist. ;)

what!!!! my opinion doesnt mean anything. that is news to me.

Seriously bro - You're not leaving are you?
We all give each other shit around here.
Some people take it better than others.
Just like not everyone is going to like you as an individual, not everyone is going to like your band (or any other band).

Here is my motivational poster for anyone in a band:
motivator798358.jpg