Finntroll 9/28 review

Wearing corpse paint and having the keyboards piped in the background just dont cut it for me. Plus every song sounded exactly the same.

It was also the few of War Saw's high school pals yelling for more. No one wanted any more of that crap.

Play nice guys!! I feel you guys are seconds away from calling each other poopoo heads. :lol:

Dude, Lykan...who the fuck cares what Diabolik says or thinks?!?! You really need to grow a thick skin...regarding what you see on both forums OR in the press!! If you don't, you will be eaten alive!!!

When band members defend their own bands on forums or in the press, it's the #1 sign of weakness, and metal fans can smell it.

I think this has to be the funniest things ever....first off, how can anyone get upset on some stuff posted online on a forum like this. Secondly, Withering Soul have always been a running gag with lots of people. Thirdly, get over it. Why is it so important with what I say. I tell it like it is.

War Saw were crap, like most local acts, they bought in a few freinds and school mates. Of course there was people yelling for them. With the crowd that was at Finntroll, and having lots of younger kids there, there will moshing going on no matter what. Even if the band is total shit, like War Saw is, there will be a few idiots running into each other.

I give Urn some credit for trying something a little different.

Sorry Lykan, I didnt like you band. I like some black metal, just the style you guys are playing is very generic and not catchy or interesting. You may consider adding a synth player so you dont have to have it played from a CD or whatever or however you do that. You guys also need to understand....when opening for a great and out of town act like Finntroll. No one wants any more songs from the opening acts. Sorry. People are there for one reason...to see the headliner.

Also why I am at this rant....all local acts...when on stage, stop trying to get cheap cheers from the crowd by mentioning the main act between each song. Try and earn your own applause please.

I think this has to be the funniest things ever....first off, how can anyone get upset on some stuff posted online on a forum like this.

Upset? Hardly, I simply differed with your opinion on the crowd reaction that night. Lose the ego.

Secondly, Withering Soul have always been a running gag with lots of people.

Most black metal bands wearing corpse paint are also, not sure I see your point.

Thirdly, get over it. Why is it so important with what I say. I tell it like it is.

As you are entitled to share your thoughts, so are others. This is a forum, correct?

Regarding War Saw: I find your comment about the singer utterly disturbing considering that this same sort of 'lingo' may have attributed to Darrell Abbott's murder. You are posting online and anyone with an internet connection can read it, like a Nathan Gale.

Lastly, all bands (yes even the ones you adore) began as 'local acts' opening for others.

People like the singer for War Saw wont be around in this type of music in three years. I have seen it a million times. I highly doubt that anyone reading this forum will go out and kill someone. You are looking way into this, that is likeme saying that all lyrics that mention killing someone will make us all go out and kill someone. Are you that dense. If my words are that powerful, that would be great. I have a huge list of bands that I would like to see gone. Any nuts jobs reading this, please email me.

I think you dont understand crowd reactions. All the younger kids are just happy to be at a show. They will yell for anything. The people who usually go to shows were bored silly all sitting on the side waiting for Finntroll. All the cheering that was going on was "all" the local acts mentioning Finntroll.

I know all bands start as locals. But the big issue is presentation. Every band has to start some where. It is how you do it. War Saw was total high school level garage band level. I still stand behind my words.

I like how he admits they are a joke. If they didnt wear the make up it would give them some credability.

Black metal is not my area of expertise, which is why I won't comment at all on the band. I have never heard them on disc, only seen them live the one time.

Though, from a marketing perspective, I can certainly understand why a local BM band would wear corpse paint. You will certainly stand out at most shows you play. Furthermore, there are definitely a large number of young kids who will instantly be attracted to any band who wears corpse paint.