Finntroll Demo

Thank you!!! :D

It's interesting that you're more likely to find talk of Finntroll on the Vintersorg board than in the General Music Forum. ;)

THANK YOU!! :cool: I currently only own 'Jaktens Tid' and some sound samples...Finntroll are amazing! I love their sound.

I got one of them, and unfortunately it seems to want to stop playing randomly during the song. I'm using Winamp.

Originally posted by winter-frost
I know there are a lot of Finntroll fans here.....

I just wonder why, though. I mean, the only big similarity in the music that I see is the fact that they're both full of Swedish lyrics... and the fact that they both kick ass, of course. ;)

So what say all of you? What is the Vintersorg/Finntroll connection?

For me, it's the fact that they're both so unique in their sound... Vintersorg uniquely inspiring, and Finntroll uniquely fun and funny (don't tell me you didn't laugh the first time you heard the accordian :) ).

Originally posted by Drexle
For me, it's the fact that they're both so unique in their sound... Vintersorg uniquely inspiring, and Finntroll uniquely fun and funny (don't tell me you didn't laugh the first time you heard the accordian :) ).

I laughed the first time I heard Vintersorg,
but soon started loving his unique sound...
It was like nothin' I had ever heard before! :eek:)

The connection between Vintersorg and
Finntroll is that there are no other bands
that sound the same way that they do...
They are one of a kind, whick makes them
both som special :eek:)

Thanks winter-frost for giving us the news
about the available demo! I haven't been on
that site for a really long time!!
I'm getting tired of looking for updates that
never come (Opeth-hint-hint)! >:eek:P

Originally posted by Drexle

I just So what say all of you? What is the Vintersorg/Finntroll connection?

they both use a lot of elements from folkloric music and from black metal (for the vocals)

they mix that in their own way, but Finntroll is the most similar band from Vintersorg i know

Originally posted by Blackspirit

Vintersorg didn't make me laugh when I first heard his music, but Otyg on the other had had me rolling on the floor. The first song of theirs I heard was Årstider, so I think you can probably understand why. :lol: But really, even though I thought it was a funny song I really grew to love it very quickly.

exactly, their both original heavy, folk music based bands with black metal style growls. They both have something of their own to bring to the metal genre and damnit their both amazing bands!

:headbang:

Vintersorg, Finntroll, Hollenthon, Rakoth, I have discovered much music I love right here!

Originally posted by Blackspirit

I was amazed of Vintersorg right away, also with Otyg. I had first the Otyg songs before I got the Vintersorg albums.

Finntroll made me laugh first time I heard something of them,
but actually I can't remember which song it was...
I do like them and I think they are as unique as Vintersorg.
But I wouldn't say they are most simiar to Vintersorg...

I download the demo songs of Finntroll and noticed Song #3 isn't complete, there is just a third of the song playing...

Finntroll kicks ass but...........damnit why do they have to dress so retarded? You can take the "viking" image so far......its not the year 900 or something come on now...... anyway. I still love the music man!

:headbang:

I have a feeling they're intentionally parodying themselves with the dress. Just my guess.