Finshed vocals for an old song

Oh... fuck. :worship:
The drums are perfect. The kick is blasting. The guitars and bass are Gearbox, right? If so, you should be a Line6 endorser.

Oh... fuck. :worship:
The drums are perfect. The kick is blasting. The guitars and bass are Gearbox, right? If so, you should be a Line6 endorser.

Thanks! Guitars and distorted bass are indeed Gearbox. The bass bottom is Amplitube SVX. I can't wait to get Revalver III so I can stop using Gearbox!

As always, everything sounds really good (or as good as the website players will allow). Tell us about the vocal chain and settings when you get a chance.

Keep 'em coming!

For the vox chain I've got a noise gate first to get rid of background when there's no singing. From there, its a very small eq adjustment, barely audible actually in the 10k area and a HP rolloff at 100hz. Then I run into the Antress freeare 1176 compressor plug. It does sound like a 1176, but it sounds awesome nevertheless. From there I run into Cubase's own VST dynamics Softclip to saturate the vox. That's a fantastic saturator. Then I bus out the delay, reverb etc, which is all Gearbox VST. The fx bus and the raw tracks are then grouped and compressed one more time with another Antress 1176 very lightly to keep everything in the pocket.

Sounds really great Splatt, however I'm finding the mix slightly overcompressed for my liking (could be soundclick). What did you use for the bass? Great job with the vocals too as always.

I suck monkey balls at mastering. I didn't really try on this one, all I did was throw a Voxengo Elephant on the master bus to get the volume up. I am seriously considering a pro mastering job when we get all these tracks done. Perhaps Bob Katz if I'm lucky enough to get him to do it and lucky enough to afford it. I would love to hear my mixes with a proper master.

Dude... how much for a burned CD of your songs?

I want to put them on my mp3 player so I can listen anywhere... :headbang:

I think you can download everything off Soundclick right now if you create an account. Our ultimate goal is to release everything on Itunes within the next year or so. Everything will be remixed and guitars/bass redone with my Ibanez which is currently beating the ass off my ESP which I recorded most of this stuff with. Matt J, (one of the singers) will be providing guitar tracks too to give some additional flavor.

SICK !!! Man, this is fucking beautiful. It was worth waiting for.

Big complements for the vocal melodies, some insane shit going on there. Matt J. right?

Said it before but, I would buy your album without thinking. Guys you rock !!! :headbang:

Thanks! Guitars and distorted bass are indeed Gearbox. The bass bottom is Amplitube SVX. I can't wait to get Revalver III so I can stop using Gearbox!

Seriously dude you don't need revalver it sounds awesome no matter what gear you use :kickass: Great song and singer BTW ;)

Hey, man. I've got another question for you. You said it's the EV into a POD X3... was there a preamp inbetween the mic and the POD or are you using the POD as the preamp? If using as the preamp, did you just crank the gain & level controls up, or what? The reason I ask this is because I really like how your vocals came out and I have that Fractal Audio Axe-FX thing, but never thought about recording the vocals like that until now... I'm thinking maybe I could just use the Axe-FX as a preamp and effects/processing, and then send the digital out on it to the digital in on the sound card... is that similar to what you did with the POD? just curious, because that'd save me a lot of money... wouldn't need to buy separate preamps or waste money on an interface/sound card with really high end conversion... please, let me know whenever you get a chance... thanks

I've never used the ND967, so I can't answer your question there.

For the PODX3, NONE of the modeling effects were used. It was merely used as a preamp, just to get the vocals into the DAW. The mic was plugged into the XLR input on the POD. The preamp gain was set just high enough to get the levels a few dbs before clipping. All processing was done after the fact in Cubase. The effects chain I used is listed above in a previous post. I don't know much about the Axe-FX, but I imagine something like that is possible.