right... have a looook at this!

jesterroot4

Jul 5, 2007
Croydon (south london) UK
i must stress the guitars are crap! done with a POD (never would have guessed)

BUT re do'ing the guitars on monday:D to proper way!!!

other than that......

have a look at this mix i'v done of my band.
listen thru the whole thing

i just done the vocals yesterday.. and they sound abit weak in places.. but ohwell..

(keep in mind, myspace compresses and ruins the quality of music u upload)

click here for the song!

could you guys also tell me how to upload it onto this apple thing you all use please??

cheers

Hoi! Sounds great overall. I'd comp the hell out of those vox - they sound a bit distant. And ehhh... seems like the vox are not centered - but panned quite a bit left? Or maybe it's just me.

Yeah, the vocals do seem to be panned to the left. If you wanted to do that, fair enough, but seems a little weird.

The mix is hard to judge, as it is on myspace. Sometimes it sounds a little too compressed. I think the overheads are a little harsh, and the kick a little too loud and snare a bit too much ping. But that could be exactly what you are going for. I think beefier guitars, which are clearer would help the whole mix come together, and almost make the other points invalid to an extent, because they are your choices after all.

Good work!

Yeah, the vocals do seem to be panned to the left. If you wanted to do that, fair enough, but seems a little weird.

lol nah, wat it is.. is that the right side plays 0.36 seconds after the left side, making it sound left heavy lol... which i'm think about changing.. but it the right places.. it can sound good.

the guitars were re-done last night.. and they sound brutal as fukin (fredman technique) i have yet to add them to the final mix.

Sometimes it sounds a little too compressed.
thats myspace for you, its not like that in the mix haha

I think the overheads are a little harsh

tryed cutting out ALOT of the bottem end because drumagog was fukin up. and my cpu didnt like it, so i replaced all the toms indevidualy, and tryed EQ'ing them out the over heads... bad idea! hahaha

snare a bit too much ping

tight picalo:) was looking for it lol

cheers for your comments though man!!

what do you guys think of the song over all tho?