fire in the sky

what would you expect, a 2 hour outer space surgery?

ST-TNG_Schisms.jpg

Dude, that was the exact episode I was thinking of ("Schisms", season 6 :loco: ), among other things, when I said that nothing in Fire in the Sky was original to me :D (cuz it actually came out about half a year before "FitS", though obviously I don't necessarily think they originated the whole abusive abduction thing either). Really good episode actually IMO, though of course the ending is a letdown, as was the case with so very many late-era TNG episodes :(

I've always thought this was a great movie. Obviously this movie is more about the effects of the town and disbelievers as well as what happens to the crew before, after and during the encounter. I think the problem is this gets lost on the younger "I want it all, and I want it NOW" generation. For the younger generation these days, if it's not all action, all the time, and hot, half-naked chicks all the way through.....it sucks. hahaha.

I agree 100%.
Grumpy old men in younger bodies unite!

Dude, that was the exact episode I was thinking of ("Schisms", season 6 :loco: ), among other things, when I said that nothing in Fire in the Sky was original to me :D (cuz it actually came out about half a year before "FitS", though obviously I don't necessarily think they originated the whole abusive abduction thing either). Really good episode actually IMO, though of course the ending is a letdown, as was the case with so very many late-era TNG episodes :(

The ending made it feel like set up for another episode like "Conspiracy" from season one, but nah, they never went back to it.