FIREPOD......... (Q)

Saffire pro 40 can be obtained for like 400$ ish if you shop around. For a DI, if your using passive pickups i would recommend getting an active DI like Countryman Type 85 or 10. Reamp box, i would go for Little Labs Redeye. There's a new model out there that i haven't tried, the Little Labs Redeye 3D which, instead of having only a passive DI, has a switch that lets you switch from passive DI to active. That one might be just what you need.

That said, the saffire can actually do reamping and DI's without any of those and yield excellent results. I was actually surprised by that when i tried it, definitely very usable results.

yeah right now im forced to do reamps with the firepod and honestly not the best results lol, i mean i guess it works you can just tell the quality is not near as good.

I'm in the same situation, been using my Firepods for over 3 years now. I record alot and feel it's the limiting factor for me at the moment. I'm happy with my other gear but feel the pres/converters lend a quality to the sound that is limiting my end results.

I've used other peoples interfaces a few times and not had this tonal quality sound attached to my mixes on those interfaces and on tracks I download from other guys so I would definately NOT say upgrading your interface won't help your mixes, if you're tracking the stuff yourself too I fail to see how it WON'T help your mixes.

Even the d/a conversion improvement will help you hear what going on better and allow you to make better choices with all aspects of your mixing.

C-Martin said:
Saffire pro 40 can be obtained for like 400$ ish if you shop around. For a DI, if your using passive pickups i would recommend getting an active DI like Countryman Type 85 or 10. Reamp box, i would go for Little Labs Redeye. There's a new model out there that i haven't tried, the Little Labs Redeye 3D which, instead of having only a passive DI, has a switch that lets you switch from passive DI to active. That one might be just what you need.

That said, the saffire can actually do reamping and DI's without any of those and yield excellent results. I was actually surprised by that when i tried it, definitely very usable results.

Take this as my advice as well, good recomendations, I say if you have the cash get a saffire and the DI and reamp boxes he said, if not the Saffire by itself will give you better results than the firepod, you'll notice the improvement