FirePod: XP SP3 won't start

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
After I've re-installed my comp with all the latest drivers and updates it won't start Windows XP anymore if my FirePod is turned on on startup. The black screen that says "Windows XP" and shows a progress bar would just stay there for infinity (the bar always moving though).

It didn't have that problem before I re-installed the system but I didn't have SP3 back then.

Anyone else have that problem or can give me a clue on how to solve it?

thanks.

After I've re-installed my comp with all the latest drivers and updates it won't start Windows XP anymore if my FirePod is turned on on startup. The black screen that says "Windows XP" and shows a progress bar would just stay there for infinity (the bar always moving though).

It didn't have that problem before I re-installed the system but I didn't have SP3 back then.

Anyone else have that problem or can give me a clue on how to solve it?

thanks.
I have SP3 and have no problem with that. My Firepod being on doesn't effect boot up at all. Sorry.

no problems here.

And I'm using the original driver that came on the CD. Has lowest latency and I have zero sync issues since I formated the system and installed the original driver instead of the others more recent.

thx for your replies.

no, i'm not running anything spdif (in fact i haeven't even tried it out yet cause i didn't need to).

the drivers that are on the original cd didn't solve the problem either... :(

Ok, I've contacted PreSonus support. They said, that having a hard drive plugged into the unit might be the issue.

Have you guys eventually plugged a hard drive into your FirePods?

Sorry, I'm not sure if it was unterstandable what I meant: I have my FirePod plugged into my computer (of course!) and an external hard drive plugged into the FirePod. PreSonus support said, that the plugged-in hard drive might prevent my comp from starting up properly.
So my question goes to the guys with XP/SP3 and have no problem booting their comp: Do you have a hard drive plugged into your FirePod? Does the comp's booting behaviour change wether the hard drive is turned on or off?