First clip with my JSX

K Odell

\=/Varnisher\=/
Jan 23, 2006
Greensboro, NC
So guys I got my new JSX yesterday. Bought from fellow forumite Dave Otero:headbang: Awesome transaction BTW. And today I sat down and tracked it just a little. I dont have my 57 with me so I had to use a shitty generic Sennheiser mic. Anyways its with my mesa oversized 4x12 with v30s, maxon od-9, and Schecter C-7 Hellraiser. Check it out. Dont mind the sloppy playing as its just a test clip haha.
Cheers,
Kyle

www.soundclick.com/tonetest

So guys I got my new JSX yesterday. Bought from fellow forumite Dave Otero:headbang: Awesome transaction BTW. And today I sat down and tracked it just a little. I dont have my 57 with me so I had to use a shitty generic Sennheiser mic. Anyways its with my mesa oversized 4x12 with v30s, maxon od-9, and Schecter C-7 Hellraiser. Check it out. Dont mind the sloppy playing as its just a test clip haha.
Cheers,
Kyle

www.soundclick.com/tonetest

Great tone!

And that is some tight playing man.. sjees.

Hmm, pretty good dude, but a bit thin - what were your settings? I usually rock both the bass and resonance at 6.5...

Huh, I never noticed that, but I see now that the one on the Peavey website indeed has only one input - mine has both as well, so I guess it's an earlier one, and I'm glad to hear they've improved the noisegate, cuz the one on mine kinda blows (not like I'd really use it anyway, so no biggie)

Huh, I never noticed that, but I see now that the one on the Peavey website indeed has only one input - mine has both as well, so I guess it's an earlier one, and I'm glad to hear they've improved the noisegate, cuz the one on mine kinda blows (not like I'd really use it anyway, so no biggie)

yeah the noise gate well basically did nothing for me haha

Hi,
I honestly loved it. As a JSX owner myself, I'm very interested in the JSX one. Would you care to share some info on how you record and mix your guitar tones ? Hope it's not too much to ask.

Regards,
akarawd