First drummer of Amon amarth has hopfully risen from the dead!

Niko...dude.... sounds pretty good! I dont like the vocals, but the rest is kind of kickass! hope you get along with that guys! see you soon, dude.

cheerz and always follow the "TICK tack tack tack" \m/

Not digging this. With your user name and "punk" influence I was expecting this to be some pissed off grind but I guess not haha. :(

Please remember these tracks are recorded already...Niko HASN'T recorded with them yet. Give it a chance folks.
Punk isn't my thing either...but I am willing to give it a listen when Niko records with them :)

Random guy? Demo? He did drums on one of the best releases ever...The Sorrow Throughout Nine Worlds, they wernt a "thoroughly average crusty death metal band" when they released that, if you think that, you're a fuckin' idiot.

Dude are you a fan of AA or just some random asshole with an opinion?
I am thinking it's the Masshole in you......
Come to think of it, I know I am right.
Niko is not some random dude, he wasn't JUST on the SCUM demo.
He was the drummer for the first two AA demos. (STTNW, (The Arrival of the Fimbul winter you mean =P)(Yes I did mean that, thank you V-man!) Thor Arise)
And, even if he was JUST the drummer for SCUM....
He's made it further than you so, STFU!

WeAreInFlames, just so you know, Nico had 2 Songs from The Sorrow Throughout Nine Worlds dedicated to him when they played TSTNW & Burning Creation on the last night of Bloodshed Over Bochum......so man, do yourself a favour & edit your post by replacing it with the words "Im retarded"

*ducks*
It said first drummer; thus I was referring to Scum and Thor Arise. Haven't heard Scum, but Thor Arise is thoroughly average, and I do stand by that. Even Fimbul Winter is no more than solid. Sorrow Throughout is the first really great AA release. If he drummed on Sorrow then I give him some props for that. If you think I'm retarded because I interpret the word "first" to mean "first" then fuck you. AA are my favorite band but pointless blind fellatio of old demos that were pretty so-so is fucking lame.

Also, Rhonda: Drumming on Scum's demo isn't going very far. When my band's demo is complete I'll have gone that far. Not sure what you mean by that.

Anyhow, on to the point of the thread:

Same As Last Street sounds like deathcore minus the incredibly obnoxious tone most of those bands use and with some better parts thrown in. I don't mindlessly hate all things core, so I'm actually digging some of this. It's actually reasonably creative (blastbeats over breakdowns, little guitar fills, etc). The breakdowns are WAY too much, though. The vocals aren't good, but there's no pig squeals, which is nice. Sound kind of hoarse. Really hoarse, actually.
Living in the Boston area there's a fuckton of deathcore bands coming through and fucking up every show, but this is one of the better ones I've heard.
Tell them they should focus more on the experimental elements and less on the breakdowns and I would actually buy a release.

Please remember these tracks are recorded already...Niko HASN'T recorded with them yet. Give it a chance folks.
Punk isn't my thing either...but I am willing to give it a listen when Niko records with them :)

I'm seriously convinced that you can't read. Like I seriously think that you never went to school or something. lol

I said in my post that I was actually expecting this to have some punk/grind influence but it doesn't. Don't drag your opinion in with mine.

Oh and no shit these drum tracks aren't recorded. That's obviously a drum machine. But I doubt the dude is going to completely rewrite the songs.

Anyways I just don't dig these tunes. There's plenty of deathcore that I enjoy (The Faceless, Born Of Osiris, Veil Of Maya, The Eyes Of A Traitor, etc etc), but this is about as generic as it gets.

Brookline is completely different from Boston. Boston is a mid-sized city with a high crime rate full of loud, drunken degenerate Irishmen obsessed with shitty sports teams. Brookline is largely Jewish, with a significant Asian population, quite wealthy, with all the good parts of a suburban town (sunlight, parks, not being shitty, low crime) and all the good parts of a city (like not being suffocatingly boring). Brookline is actually an excellent place to live; Boston is a cesspool of scum.

Welcome the latest addition to the family!
Today we met up with Niko Kaukinen, former drummer of Amon Amarth.
We have been talking to Niko back and forth for some time about him joining the band and earlier this week we set a date for a meet.
Today was that day!:kickass:

We spent the day quickly running through our EP and playing a yet-untitled song (we'll give you the heads up about that one when we can ^^)
And after a quick run through we decided that there's no doubt about Niko's skill and talent and thereforth we gladly let him join the band.

So i hope you all will greet Niko with a smile and look forward to hear him play!

Welcome Niko, together we'll rock the world off it's socks!:headbang:

// SalS http://www.myspace.com/sameaslaststreet