first impressions of Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue

Demonspell said:
A ten minute noise session...you'll have to be more specific. If it's any bit as crushing as the closing section of Manifold Curiosity or as powerful as the beating Neurosis at their own game progression of The Antique, my dick shall be mercilessly kicked in.

You really want me to give anything away before you hear it?!?
(i.e. you REALLY want me to describe KAYO DOT'S MUSIC???)

Let me put it this way: Esoteric, Khanate... you ain't got NOTHING!!!

is this out yet, or just leaked?

i got the toby driver album yesterday but haven't listened yet. i'll probably wait until this weekend when i can dedicate some alone time to it. i listen to kayo dot in the car frequently, but only because i know the music so well. don't want to discover new material like this in quite that way.

They're selling it at their shows, g00f!

You of all people HAVE to hear this. It's growing on me exponentially... I'm already saying to myself "Oh shit, here comes THAT part!"

well i know that, but is it out in stores yet?

my dumbass totally spaced on their show out here. :(

I'm never talking to you again, starting with the end of this sentence. This one. Right now. Period.

Okay... the last 10-12 minutes of this track are probably some of the most intense I've heard... on any album. I hope I never listen to this stoned, else I'm liable to see that goofy looking spinning thing from 13 GHOSTS and jump out a window like footbalm.

13_ghosts_04_sm.jpg

NAD asked me to change his name to [email said:
nad@nad.nad[/email] LOLZ]motherfucker brought up 13 Ghosts.

dude i'm glad we broke up. seriously.

Hey, at least it was the old one!

alright, gave this one a good solid listen via headphones while at work today

and it's all-encompassingly fantastic

first-rate

I saw them on Thursday at the Warehouse Next Door in DC, and bought the CD. Mia was there selling merchandise, and I asked her "Have you heard the new CD?" then felt like an idiot, so of course I had to buy it. It's been growing on me, but it's nothing like seeing them live. I was only a couple feet behind Toby, and of course the rest were not far off; they could not even fit everyone on the stage. I happened to receive my copy of Choirs of the Eye in the mail the following day, so I can't really make any comparisons between the two.

So I listened to Choirs of the Eye for the first time today, it's my first time listening to Kayo Dot. Weird stuff. Requires further listens.

when is the official release date? i still haven't had a chance to devour In the L..l..library Loft. i'm waiting for the right moment.

Kayo Dot are probably the tightest live band in existence. also they are up there with best sounding. oh and just a personal opinion unlike those first two factual indisputable ones, one of the best live bands around. ;)

Lur said:
when is the official release date? i still haven't had a chance to devour In the L..l..library Loft. i'm waiting for the right moment.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]We hope to head out again before too long - especially since the new CD is officially out as of January 10th, look for us to do some shows around that time.[/SIZE][/FONT]

ah, so that explains why I can't find it for sale online then

guess i'll go ahead and order toby's cd in the meantime.........