First Metal Show

bloodfiredeath

kaiju eiga
May 19, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
So what's the first metal show you ever went to?

Mine was:
Testament, Annihilator, and Wrathchild America
1989 - Royal Oak Music Theatre
Royal Oak, MI

It was my first show of any kind, let alone metal show.

Guns N'Roses/Deep Purple/Aerosmith - Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - summer 1987

It was the show that GNR shot the first half of their "Paradise City" video, you know, the one with Axl wearing the white leather get-up. The 2nd half was shot at Castle Donnington in the UK, in case anyone cares.

Also of note, I was only 14 at the time, and nothing was cooler at that age than during Deep Purple's "Smoke On The Water" when the fans lit an ENTIRE section of seats on fire. I remember thinking "YES! This is metal!" :lol:

Metallica / Fight / Suicidal Tendencies / Candlebox (they sucked) in '93. Fucking awesome, too bad Alice in Chains was supposed to play and backed out at the last minute.

GnR, Metallica, Faith No More on Sept 4th 1993 at the Metrodome in Minneapolis. I think. It was a makeup show after the Montreal debacle. The original date was for August, I believe.

Great show, horrible sound. Metal in a 60,000 seat dome stadium just doesnt work. James only played guitar for 1 tune, and that was Sandman.

First club show: Napalm Death, Obituary, and Machine Head in 94. MH's first ever tour.

I was just getting into metal at the time and I went with a bunch of friends to see God Forbid, Nile, and Cradle of Filth at First Ave. back in 1999. :)

Well, my first Hard Rock show was Kiss on 2/18/83 @ The Met Center in Bloomington,MN. I've been to hundreds of shows since then however! Anything from Aerosmith to Morbid Angel and everyone in between. By the way my dad took me to the Kiss show. It was the day before my 7th birthday. The first club show I remember going to was Morbid Angel sometime in 1992. Second was Testament/Green Jello(they were Green JellO at the time!)/Pro-pain on Easter of 1993 at The Mirage in Minnesota. Any Minnesotans from this board remember that place?!?!?!

My first metal show (and show of any type) was Iron Maiden and Anthrax on Feb. 24th 1991 in Albuquerque NM. Fucking GREAT concert to break into with eh? Anthrax had released my favorite album of theirs, "Persistence of Time" and Maiden are my all-time favorite band ever.

Metal rules.