First Opeth single released from 'Heritage'

I like it. I think it'll take some time to grow. I'm even more curious to see what the rest of the album is. As Akerfeldt stated previously there really isn't a specific "sound" to the album. This will definitely turn off a lot of Opeth fans though; however, at the same time I think it'll bring in a lot of prog fans that haven't given them a chance previously.

Eh. The guitar line seems like a distillation of leftover riffs from lots of other songs. Kind of like when Steve Harris writes a new bass line that's not exactly like something he's already played, but close enough for deja vu. I am still not sold on Opeth-off-steriods.

Ken

That's freaking' magical! Opeth has a way of writing stuff that makes me want to sit in a dark room and just listen. Few other bands do that for me.

Really looking forward to seeing them again in October.

Yeah and in b4 u dont get 70s prog rock bro. I love Rush, Yes, Boston, Kansas, Comus, Amon Düül, King Crimson, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Zappa, I can go on for ever. To me this sounds like a jackoff-a-thon. There are no interesting vocal melodies either. All the vocal parts sound tired/forced. I can't believe Mikael would be cool with putting out a record like this.

Loved it initially, but absolutely nothing has stuck with me after multiple listens. I like the instrumental section of Nepenthe and the heavy part in Famine, but as a whole its just not that interesting and not nearly as diverse as Akerfeldt made it seem.

The new Leprous destroys this album.