New OPETH track posted online

Awaiting Simon's mandatory "This is the best thing ever, and I can't wait to see them live" post :)

I like what I like dude. If I don't like something, I'll bitch. Actually in terms of this year in particular, there really hasn't been anything that's blown me away.

As for this, I like it, but I think it'll have to grow on me. I like the influences, it's just hard to accept as Opeth. I'm more curious what the album as a whole will sound like as Akerfeldt said there isn't really a core "sound" to the album.

I am just goofin on ya Simon.

If nothing has blown you away this year then you obviously have not heard the latest Twisted Tower Dire or High Spirits (well, the one track so far leaked)

I am just goofin on ya Simon.

If nothing has blown you away this year then you obviously have not heard the latest Twisted Tower Dire or High Spirits (well, the one track so far leaked)

Correct I haven't. It is on my to-buy list though, at least the Twisted Tower Dire. Yeah, I've just been unimpressed this year. Last year I thought there was a lot of high quality releases but this year not so much. I mean, there have been some good albums, but nothing that has really stuck out for me.

Really?
I have found some stellar releases this year.
Some favs are Uriah Heep, Pentagram, Stratovarius (this one was a grower), Twisted Tower Dire, Seven Witches, etc..