First set of lyrics from the new Queensryche album.

Evan_R

May 15, 2001
DOIN' FINE

Have you noticed The way people seem today?
Look in their eyes, you can feel their uncertainty.
Working hard for what they fear others would think.
Empty hearts are afraid to break away…don’t be afraid.

We could all use a little sunshine
Take the day off …outside.
Hey look around, everything’s better now
And here we are and we’re doin’ fine.

If we look inside, breath deep, and count to ten.
We’ll find what we need to see us through
All the way to the end.
We’ll know all the answers
Once we stop this judgment game
And realize deep down we’re all the same.

We could all use a little sunshine
Take the day off and smile.
Hey look around everything’s better now,
And here we are and getting along fine.
Yeah, we’re doin’ just fine.

We could all use some sunshine
Take the day off and smile.
Hey look around, everything’s better
And here we are getting along just fine.

Next time we could try a little harder
And quickly put out the fire,
By working out our differences and
Finding truth we can all believe in.

We’re looking at life from a different side.
We’re looking at like from a different side.

And I know that we’ll all be fine.
And I know that we’ll all be fine.

:hurl:

Those lyrics are absolutely pathetic. I have a REALLY bad feeling about this album. Queensryche is most likely dead. DeGarmo won't be going on the U.S. or Europe tours either.

These lyrics are so trite and lazy... they obviously didn't put any effort into these. Are these supposed to be some profound observation of today's tense and violent world? A 5-year-old could write more artistic and more meaninful lyrics than these. And Geoff wants us to sing along with them when we see them in concert. Oh brother!

BTW Evan, I'll have that shipment out sometime this week!

My goodness, I've lost all hope for this new album.
I've been a QR fan for years. I love every album with Chris de Garmo on it, even "hear in the now frontier". But reading these lyrics makes me wonder what are they trying to get away with? Hope the concert setlist includes many old time favourites.

Why did you put those lyrics up this message board anyway?

I, for one, thought the Geoff Tate album was great due to the melodies and strong feeling as well as lyrics (I wasn't crazy about the drum machine, but the songs were so strong it didn't matter). Because of this, I am very much looking forward to the new Queensryche album and am not ready to discount it because of one set of not-so-great lyrics. I think with Tate and DeGarmo involved in the writing, it should be a big improvement over Q2K and the ridiculous Hear in the Now Frontier (which probably caused DeGarmo to quit in the first place). I'm going to see them in July with Fates Warning & Dream Theater, and hope it will be a great show.

P.S. - Hello to all the Enchant guys. Haven't been able to get on here for a while.

Hey ProgMetalFan

Yes, I did take my name from the Porcupine Tree song - it's one of my favorites for some reason. Oh, and I also love Pain of Salvation. You know if they're working on anything new? I really wish OSI had stuck with their original decision to work with the Gildenlow from P.O.S.- I kind of like the OSI cd, but I think it would have been more melodic with his contribution (and have much better vocals).

Supposedly, Pain of Salvation is going to release a live acoustic album from a very intimate concert they performed just days ago. There will be a "Perfect Element Pt. 2"... but I think there will be another studio album before that.

The acoustic POS set in case you haven't seen it yet:

Set I:
'Leaving Entropia'
'This Heart of Mine (I Pledge)'
'Song For The Innocent'/parts of 'Her Voices'
'Winning A War'
'Reconciliation' (+ 'Star Wars Darth Vader Theme')
'Dryad of the Woods'

Set II:
'Oblivian Ocean'
'Undertow'
'Chain Sling'
'Idioglossia'/parts of 'Her Voices' instr./'Second Love'/'Ashes' in Major version (with ext. Blues Jam and crazy go nuts in the end)

Encore:
Fooling around with 'Ashes'

Thanks to both ProgMetalFan & Demonspell for the Pain of Salvation information. I am really looking forward to the live CD. I love their mellow stuff as well as the heavy. Would love to hear a Perfect Element Part II as well.

Has anyone checked out the clips of all the new songs from Tribe on the QR website? Some of them sound really good. Doin' Fine sounds like it's by far the worst song on the album. I hope it's not really the closing song. Desert Dance sounds like one of the best.

NoRehearsal said:
Has anyone checked out the clips of all the new songs from Tribe on the QR website? Some of them sound really good. Doin' Fine sounds like it's by far the worst song on the album. I hope it's not really the closing song. Desert Dance sounds like one of the best.

I wasn't aware there were more clips... I'll have to check those out. I have heard "Desert Dance" in its entirity and don't like it. Reminds me of Limp Bizkit.

I listened to the one-minute clips from each song available on the Queensryche site.... absolutely horrible. This is the final nail in the coffin for me... I will never expect anything more out of Queensryche.