First solo paid work?

MattGrave

Jun 2, 2012
Hey guys,

I've been lurking here for months and I finally feel like I have something to contribute. After assisting at a commercial recording studio for just over two years and doing a couple of demos and promo singles etc, tonight I finished my first EP that I did completely solo. Felt really good to take a project to completion on my own and have the band come in to check over mixes and have no amendments they wanted made. It's going to be cool to actually get a copy back in a little while when they get them pressed. And then they said they're coming back to do a split with another band!

The best part though was definitely the learning experience, I feel like I have a workflow now and certainly learnt some things about client/time management. This forum was a huge help too, so thanks to all you wonderful audio & metal obsessed people.

I'm sure everyone here has some stories bout their first "real" projects, let's hear em!

I actually worked on some tunes with an alt rock type band that are going on a bunch of splits with other bands. My first 'signed' band, but still very underground. They invited me to play guitar with them on an east coast tour this year, so hopefully that will work out, I would love to have more road time. It feels good to actually have a part in shit being seriously released.

My first real job was in July:

Ideally after a few more EP/demo jobs I'll be able to provide enough quality to start trying for minor label work.

Last edited by a moderator: