First thing ever Recorded. Let me have it!

well at least the guitars were double tracked, but seriously, at least autotune in fucking key

I could quite happily go the rest of my life without hearing either of those tracks again.

Before you start working on your mixing more, could you please work on writing music that isn't derivative, disgusting music for 13 year old scene kids with expensive haircuts?
I have heard every riff in that second track at least 20 times before, and I'm not fucking joking. I've probably played some of them whilst dicking about at 5am back when I started out with a strat copy and a 10 watt practice amp way back when.
And the vocals sound like every band Joey's ever recorded all getting simultaneously anally raped by a fucking rhinoceros. What a fucking cacophony.
I bet you all fucking jog in place on stage, too.

Man, if you've ever wondered why AE's laugh at musicians a lot, all you have to do is take a look at yourself and your band. You sum up everything that is wrong with music today, well done, well done indeed.

^Wow that was harsh! LMAO

1250678567592-1.jpg

I could quite happily go the rest of my life without hearing either of those tracks again.

Before you start working on your mixing more, could you please work on writing music that isn't derivative, disgusting music for 13 year old scene kids with expensive haircuts?
I have heard every riff in that second track at least 20 times before, and I'm not fucking joking. I've probably played some of them whilst dicking about at 5am back when I started out with a strat copy and a 10 watt practice amp way back when.
And the vocals sound like every band Joey's ever recorded all getting simultaneously anally raped by a fucking rhinoceros. What a fucking cacophony.

Man, if you've ever wondered why AE's laugh at musicians a lot, all you have to do is take a look at yourself and your band. You sum up everything that is wrong with music today, well done, well done indeed.

I was just about to say that's a little harsh.........then I decided to go ahead and listen to the track..............*sound of crickets chirping* Now I remember why I stopped recording/mixing others.

everyone starts from somewhere....?

eh.....welp, sadly, we were all thinking it, and you just said it. can't say i didn't try!

Man its whatever. I didn't post to get your opinion how the music was written just produced. I like the critism cuz it helps. But that....dude that was shitty. Whatev though its the internet. I've never used auto tune before, but I'm starting to understand how it works. Also whats your obsession with joey. Why does everyone have to mention him? Alot of other producers work with bands that scream. Not just him. Alesana, Atreyu, I wrestled a bear once, suicide scilence, motionless in white, job for a cowboy, august burns red, white chapel. I could go on forever. I dont feel like I need to make excuses for the how it's written.

Well it's a general given that pretty much everyone on this forum hates Attack Attack, and your band's songs happen to sound like a much less polished version of that same band...

AUTOTUNE (that masks a lack of talent) AND TECHNO HAVE NO PLACE IN METAL

I remember when I saw that video with the kid from Attack Attack singing without autotune on his voice, jesus, it was painful to listen to

could you please work on writing music that isn't derivative, disgusting music for 13 year old scene kids with expensive haircuts?

That sums up 75% of our fans......Hell no.

And the vocals sound like every band Joey's ever recorded

WOW....THANKS:lol:

Our drummer doesn't :lol:

I think that being a teenager gives me an "excuse" if thats what you want to call it, to play the music teenagers like. Especially in the surrounding area I live in. The comment you left was kinda gay man. Hell if you want to go back.....listen to it again. And tell me all the things I did wrong when I

A) Recorded it or
B) Started mixing

Then I'd happily accept your advice. You dont have to be a dick though.

Well it's a general given that pretty much everyone on this forum hates Attack Attack, and your band's songs happen to sound like a much less polished version of that same band...

AUTOTUNE (that masks a lack of talent) AND TECHNO HAVE NO PLACE IN METAL

I remember when I saw that video with the kid from Attack Attack singing without autotune on his voice, jesus, it was painful to listen to

I can admit that my singing isn't the best. I'm proud of my aggresive vocals. I hate Attack Attack. I seriously cannot stand them at all. I dont think we sound like them even a little. Why can't techno have a place in metal. First off....the techno beat is how we open all of our shows. In none of the songs do we just....drop the metal and start jogging in place with techno going through the PA.

i was just about to say- we're talking specifically about technometal crabcore here. this is ultimatemetal.com, no one here is discriminating against aggressive vox in general.

would i be the first to point out that it's becoming increasingly clear that a HUGE percentage of the new members here found this site by googling "bass drop sample"? :lol:

however, i must say i admire your tenacity. for not hanging yourself yet, you win more advice: remove almost all of the plugins on the vocals, except compression. the reverbs/delays are done horribly wrong. look up the threads about how to PROPERLY reverb/delay metal vox. set up sends/aux tracks, don't just slap cubase reverb B as an insert, which is what it sounds like you've done. also hipass the verb, and if you don't have a good verb plug (there's plenty of free ones) then don't even bother because bad ones sound BAD.

EDIT: i'm listening again and i've laughed both times when i hear the poorly edited-in pinch harmonic squeals.

i was just about to say- we're talking specifically about technometal crabcore here. this is ultimatemetal.com, no one here is discriminating against aggressive vox in general.

would i be the first to point out that it's becoming increasingly clear that a HUGE percentage of the new members here found this site by googling "bass drop sample"? :lol:

however, i must say i admire your tenacity. for not hanging yourself yet, you win more advice: remove almost all of the plugins on the vocals, except compression. the reverbs/delays are done horribly wrong. look up the threads about how to PROPERLY reverb/delay metal vox. set up sends/aux tracks, don't just slap cubase reverb B as an insert, which is what it sounds like you've done. also hipass the verb, and if you don't have a good verb plug (there's plenty of free ones) then don't even bother because bad ones sound BAD.

EDIT: i'm listening again and i've laughed both times when i hear the poorly edited-in pinch harmonic squeals.

I understand with the crabcore thing. I really can't stand it either.

I actually found this forum through andy sneap. I was looking up drum samples and ran across his kick samples. They are awesome. I made my own bass drop.

Can do with the Vox. I actually used Waves True verb. Delay was just Reaper's JS: Delay. Hipass the verb eh? I'll try it. never heard of that.

BTW: I hate those fucking pinches. Everyone does except eric (our lead guitar). If I take them out though he'll bitch like an 80 year old women.

Vocals are way to loud....Use a compressor to even them out and leave all reverbs, delays aside.
The vocals totaly overpower the other instruments.

The clean vocals are waaaayyyyyyy outta tune!!!!and thats funny because you used autotune.
So you have three options:
1. Stop singing, and try speak-parts or something like that
2. Or use autotune the way it was meant to to bring back the vocals in the right spot....
3. Learn how to sing and use autotune as an effect

better try it step by step. Read some books to know whats behind the tools you are using. Read alot of threads in the production-tips sub-forum or search them.
You will find mostly all answers you need on this forum, but I think you are not at the point were you know what you are missing.
So pratice your ears. Listen to your favorite records over and over again. Ask yourself how the engineer has done something...

And sometimes it is very easy:
When you hear one guitar on the left side, one guitar on the right side, and NO guitar in the middle, then you hear two guitars (hard panned left and right)
When you hear the bass in the middle, it is one mono track bass in the center.

Please dont take anything I wrote as an offence

cheers

Can do with the Vox. I actually used Waves True verb. Delay was just Reaper's JS: Delay. Hipass the verb eh? I'll try it. never heard of that.

we all know you didn't pay for that. III personally could give a shit less, but since you're already vulnerable, the other dudes will tear you a new one for using pirated software. so keep that on the D/L.

we all know you didn't pay for that. III personally could give a shit less, but since you're already vulnerable, the other dudes will tear you a new one for using pirated software. so keep that on the D/L.

Hand me down man. My dad, whom I can't stand, tried starting his own studio awhile back. I got alot of the gear I'm using from him. No....I didn't pay for it. But it was paid for.

Vocals are way to loud....Use a compressor to even them out and leave all reverbs, delays aside.
The vocals totaly overpower the other instruments.

The clean vocals are waaaayyyyyyy outta tune!!!!and thats funny because you used autotune.
So you have three options:
1. Stop singing, and try speak-parts or something like that
2. Or use autotune the way it was meant to to bring back the vocals in the right spot....
3. Learn how to sing and use autotune as an effect

better try it step by step. Read some books to know whats behind the tools you are using. Read alot of threads in the production-tips sub-forum or search them.
You will find mostly all answers you need on this forum, but I think you are not at the point were you know what you are missing.
So pratice your ears. Listen to your favorite records over and over again. Ask yourself how the engineer has done something...

And sometimes it is very easy:
When you hear one guitar on the left side, one guitar on the right side, and NO guitar in the middle, then you hear two guitars (hard panned left and right)
When you hear the bass in the middle, it is one mono track bass in the center.

Please dont take anything I wrote as an offence

cheers

Not at all man. I understand. My singing sucks ass. But I'm trying to fix it the best I can. I've never touched Auto tune before 3 days ago. I'm starting to understand it though. I'll post an update with quieter vox and attempt to fix the singing. Btw....I panned Guitars...Sounds way better.

Jeeeez.. why is everyone hating on this guy? hes new.. he only asked for help, not to griefed because certain style of music he chose to record. Last time i checked there wasn't a rule book? and i'm pretty sure most of you's weren't pro's when you started??

Dude, i'm not greatest mixer or anything, but if you need help.. send me a PM, and i'll send you my msn. we can both be n00bs at the samething!

Jeeeez.. why is everyone hating on this guy? hes new.. he only asked for help, not to griefed because certain style of music he chose to record. Last time i checked there wasn't a rule book? and i'm pretty sure most of you's weren't pro's when you started??

Dude, i'm not greatest mixer or anything, but if you need help.. send me a PM, and i'll send you my msn. we can both be n00bs at the samething!

THATS WHY I STILL LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!