First time you saw TestAmenT ?

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD

BRINGER OF TORTURE
May 20, 2002
Rhode Island, USA
Visit site
Just thought this would be fun. Tell us where, when and any other info you want to share about the experience!

For me it was July 6th, 1988 at a place called "The Living Room"
in Providence, Rhode Island. It was The New Order tour. I'm not sure if it was the first night of the tour for them, but it WAS VIOLENCE's first night on tour!
I was psyched to be seeing the thrash metal gods who created
"The Legacy" and "Eternal Nightmare"
I believe "The New Order" had just come out, but I hadnt yet picked it up (shame on me!) You know I went right out and purchased that slab o wax the very next day though!

After VIOLENCE chewed us up and spit us back out, TESTAMENT came and picked up the scattered pieces brought them back together, only to completely shred the crowd again and wear everyone out! They were amazing as they always have been and continue to be live. They opened with Eerie Inhabitants and the place went crazy! (I still have a blank page that I tore out of their mailing list binder that night) hehehehe

It was an awesome show all around and one of the best double bills Ive ever seen to this day.:heh:

Ok, Disciples of the Watch, lets hear some more stories!

The very first time I saw Testament was the night before Thanksgiving, 1989 in Atlanta, GA. It was the Practice What You Preach tour. Annihilator opened up, and Wrathchild America were second. That was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Every band kicked ass.

Alex lost his power (literally) right before the solo on Practice (first song). Chuck looked over at him and was holding his arms up like "What The Fuck?" Alex was like "I don't know!" Eric, Greg, and Louie kept going. They finally got his power back to him and had no more problems.

I had never heard of Annihilator, but I went out and bought Alice In Hell on Friday. The stores were closed the next day because it was Thanksgiving. I've been a big Annihilator fan ever since that night.

Since then, I've seen Testament on every tour (twice on Practice and Souls), but they didn't come to Atlanta on The Gathering. I really wish I could have seen that tour.

I also got to go to the equipment setup/sound check on the Low tour (my friend owns the lights at the place they played). I saw Eric and James play guitar for a couple of hours. It was very cool.

i am a testament fan since 1990 when a friend give the parctice whta you preach and then i bought all the cds, also i have the video, but i never been in a testament concert, i was near in 2 times one when i was in la in 1996 but i lost the corono gig for the low tour, and the other was when the boyz played in Chile during the demonic tour, at that time i was out of money to go there, but the time is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
check my web site at
http://www.geocities.com/domodelmetal
i have a annihilator in Milano concert review c-ya

The first time I saw Testament was about 2 years ago in Montreal. FUCKING AMAZING SHOW!!!

My friends and me got backstage passes and we met Testament whoo oo!!! :headbang:
I also got to hang out in the tour bus with them
I drank beer with Eric and Steve Digiorgio and went eating at subway.

This is a night I will never forget and I hope to see Testament again someday.

Wow, this is a really cool thread 'cos Testament was actually the VERY FIRST band I ever saw live! It was back in 1987 (Oct 31 too) when they were supporting Anthrax at a place called the Avoniel Leisure Centre in Belfast. I can even remember the first song they played "Raging Waters" and the rest was just total thrash heaven! Unfortunately they never played in Ireland again after that, I don't know why 'cos they certainly got a great reception. Come back anytime ya hear!! :) :headbang:

The first time a saw TestAmenTis is on May 2, 2000 at Le Medley, Montreal. The show was a blast and the mosh pit wooo AWSOME.
I met Chuck on the street before the show.:D

The first time I saw Testament, they were still Legacy, but rumor was that they were getting signed...

Hell, I don't remember when that was, but it was a LONG TIME AGO at the Stone.

I forget who they played with... Slambodians or Savatage or something... Maybe, Attitude. I don't really remeber.

2 years ago at Le Medley in Montreal, that was amazing, unfortunatly i didn't know The Gathering that well cuz i've listened to it only a few times before the show but still was a great concert to me, i even have the guitar pick that Eric used to play Over The Wall, can't wait to see Testament again

Mine was Easter of 1993 at a venue called The Mirage in Minneapolis,MN. Great show, the opening bands were Pro-Pain and Green Jello! I have seen them a few times since then but I'd have to say my favorite was when I saw them with James Murphy!:headbang:

First time i saw them was at the Spectrum in Montreal back in 86-87 in support for Anthrax, i had never heard of them b4 and 2 dayz later (the show was a saturday so i had to wait for monday morning) i went and picked up their first album The legacy, since then i've seen them every single time they came to Montreal (i'd say about 10 times), every show kicked ass!!
Keep it up Testament.
PS. I have Testament cd's for sale, if anyone is interested mail me at elk666999@yahoo.com (Moderator feel free to edit if you consider this spam)

Originally posted by Arkronos
I can even remember the first song they played "Raging Waters" and the rest was just total thrash heaven!

Raging Waters is one of my very favorite Testament songs. They played they song when they played with Slayer on the Souls Of Black tour. I was hoping it was going to make it on to First Strike Still Deadly.

The Triangle!

Hey Sasser, I remember that tour. I saw them at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston that year (Feb 9th, 91) and they blew Slayer's doors off! They opened with Eerie Inhabitants and went directly into Raging Waters! The place went ballistic! It was also the ONLY time I've seen them play MALPRACTICE and FACE IN THE SKY live. I wish they would throw out a Souls tune once in awhile other than the title track. That album is WAY underrated and has some kick ass tracks on it!
I also remember Slayer didnt play anything at all from the Hell Awaits record that night. Its interesting that ever since TESTAMENT blew them off the stage theyve yet to have another real metal band with balls open for them since.... hehehehe!

I was lucky enough to be at the
recording of Live at the Fillmore,
April 22, 1995 if I remember it right,
and have seen them in SF a few times since.

(Eric and Chuck attend local shows
around here... that is so cool!
Chuck was backstage at Strapping Young Lad last week,
and saw Eric at Cannibal Corpse
a month ago, and don't forget
DragonLord's benefit for James Murphy).

Chuck onstage is a real inspiration,
around 6 feet 4 inches tall (2 meters!)
and a booming voice ten times as big.
The opening scream on The Gathering tour was
"GOD SAVE ME NOW!!!"
and the crowd went bezerk.