First time you saw TestAmenT ?

First time I saw Testament was in 89 (?) on the Practice tour. They played with Annihilator and Wrathchild America at the Royal Oak Music Theatre in Royal Oak, Michigan. I was 15 and it was my first concert ever. I'll never forget it.

The first time I saw Testament was in an old biker club in Superior, WI. They had Strapping Young Lad and Stuck Mojo open for them on the Demonic tour. It was an awesome show, Testament is so powerful live, intense. The building was quite old and when the pit got moving the floor would move and feel like it was going to cave into the basement. They are metal gods!!:) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey BLOODFIREDEATH,
that was a very cool show to have ben your first
! We had the same bill here (11/13/89) and it was the last time I have heard them play "Do or Die" In fact on that tour they did a Legacy medley of "Over the Wall/Apocalyptic City/Do or Die and COTLOD"
Pretty killer show!!!!!

I saw testament at Harpos in detroit, and another time in St. Andrews hall in detroit, I have to admit they had a thrashing pit, but they were not my all time favorite band for metal-thrash.
Q. but how were they at royal oak music theather.
long time native in Michigan and recently moved.
:p

I've been a fan of Testament since 87'. But the first time I saw them live was in Ottawa Canada in 92' during the Ritual tour, literally weeks before Alex left the band.
It was a great show, something happened to the sound system during the last couple of songs. But all in all it was awesome.
I saw them as well at Le Medley in Montreal 2 years ago, it was an awesome show and the fans were nuts!

Originally posted by Sasser
The very first time I saw Testament was the night before Thanksgiving, 1989 in Atlanta, GA. It was the Practice What You Preach tour. Annihilator opened up, and Wrathchild America were second. That was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Every band kicked ass.

First, this is my first post on this board and I only hope you people are the hopeless testament freaks like I am. :worship:

Second, this was also the first time I saw teastament. At Centerstage theatre. Awesome show. I thought I was a testamentb fan before that night. If that's the case, I've been a freak since. That show changed me forever. Also, this night was my first experience in a real life pit, needless to say, I had a very long Thanksgiving the next day.

I haven't seen Testament live in a long time and am waiting for my next opprotunity.

I have seen testament at the roxy in Atlanta, with nuclear assault opening. at the civic center in Atlanta with slayer. at the omni in Atkanta with megadeth, both were opening for judas preist. I saw the at the masquerade in Atlanta, this was when they first picked up James Murphey. And to the best of my knowledge, this is all the testament shows I've seen. But, there may be more.

First time I saw Testament was about two years ago at The Medley in Montreal. This show kicked ass and the pit was awesome! There was a lot of stage diving too! I also met Chuck, Eric, and Steve a couple of hours before the show which was a dream come true for me. I hope Testament will come back to Montreal for the next tour and kick our ass once again.

Originally posted by Moonwitch
Q. but how were they at royal oak music theather.
long time native in Michigan and recently moved.
:p

I still ask myself that question. I have no idea why that show was there. I remember at the time everyone complaining about the venue, but being that it was my first show and I was 15, I didn't know better and thought it was sweet.

I haven't actually seen TESTAMENT. However, I was there in the front row at Milwaukee Metalfest XVI for the DragonLord set, and I was there when the crowd was chanting Chuck's name, and I was there when Chuck sang "Into The Pit" while Eric and the rest played it. That was great, such a great and final closing to a spectacular metalfest