Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

That’s awesome. I saw them in early 2003, I guess that was their second US tour. Hard to believe their first US show was in 2002, they had been legends for so long, and their live show was very polished when I saw them.

Peter and Mikael were on Robb Flynn's podcast and confirmed a few things:

There is an album. It will be released in August 2022.

The next single (and video) will be coming around mid-January.

The album has 10 songs, Shadowminds is the opener.

The album is done (and sounds like it has been for a bit.)

They have not rehearsed a single time yet.

There is a very special guest on one track. Mikael said he isn't allowed to say who yet.

Mikael said the album is a mix of fast and slower paced songs.

Overall, it was a good interview. Mikael and Peter talked about Dark Tranquillity's first US show in San Francisco in 2002, supporting In Flames. Mikael told a story about it, which was quite interesting to me personally because I was at that show. Both of these dudes come across as genuinely good people.

If the album is already done why do we have to wait until August 2022? That seems like a really long wait, if everything is basically done. Disappointing. Oh well, at least another track will drop in January.

Special guest sounds interesting. I'd love if it was Speed. Strid and Stanne sharing vocals on a track? Yes please! Highly unlikely it'd be Anders or Bjorn - although obviously more chance of it being Bjorn than Anders.

I assume Shadowminds was one of the slower songs, so it'll be interesting to hear how the faster ones sound.

If the album is already done why do we have to wait until August 2022? That seems like a really long wait, if everything is basically done. Disappointing. Oh well, at least another track will drop in January.
Probably, they're waiting for the tour to release the album.

I assume Shadowminds was one of the slower songs, so it'll be interesting to hear how the faster ones sound.

They said that Shadowminds was the most representative of the album.

Special guest sounds interesting. I'd love if it was Speed. Strid and Stanne sharing vocals on a track? Yes please! Highly unlikely it'd be Anders or Bjorn - although obviously more chance of it being Bjorn than Anders.

Bjorn enters the studio, takes out the wah pedal, does his part and leaves. When the album is released, his part was replaced by Anders doing some random noises. Bjorn agrees that the song is now far better and goes to a dark corner to cry in silence.

Reactions: DE4life
Probably, they're waiting for the tour to release the album.

Well yeah, sure, but releasing the first single and the album 9 months apart is a bit much :D June would have been fine.Give people a couple of months to get familiar with the album and then get touring.

Bjorn enters the studio, takes out the wah pedal, does his part and leaves. When the album is released, his part was replaced by Anders doing some random noises. Bjorn agrees that the song is now far better and goes to a dark corner to cry in silence.

:rofl::rofl: well fortunately for Bjorn Anders is probably banned from THE sessions.

Well yeah, sure, but releasing the first single and the album 9 months apart is a bit much :D June would have been fine.Give people a couple of months to get familiar with the album and then get touring.

I agree. This was way too soon.

:rofl::rofl: well fortunately for Bjorn Anders is probably banned from THE sessions.

Because he wants to.

That’s a bold assumption. I hope it’s correct. No harm in us having high expectations. Hope they don’t pull a Cyrha and let us down.

That’s a bold assumption. I hope it’s correct. No harm in us having high expectations. Hope they don’t pull a Cyrha and let us down.

Well, if Shadowminds is one of the 'faster' songs then I'm not sure they know what that word means. It's basically mid-tempo from start to finish. Nothing wrong with that but I wouldn't ever think to describe that song as 'fast'.

I'm not worried about being disappointed as I trust all of the guys involved. Cyhra went down the tubes because Jesper stepped back and Jake took control. From what I've been reading a significant amount of THE is being written by Niclas with Jesper's input here and there. Stanne, Peter and Daniel are all solid hands who know what's required as well.

https://fb.watch/9UuKH14_j9/

New documentary clip. Niclas mentions there is a song called "Gateways" which Peter wrote the introduction to. Some nice sounding music in the background, which presumably is from Gateways or another new song.

I'vee seen that. The acoustic and the melodic parts sound really good. This album is, so far, promising.

And, this thing that I like is that, from their words, this seems a collaborative effort.

Last edited:
That's pretty interesting. From what I recall, I don't think Peter ever actually wrote anything when he was in IF (though he did work on arrangements). It'll be cool to hear his input.

If the acoustic stuff is also from a song it's very reminiscent of Acoustic Medley from the Black Ash Inheritance EP.

So, what do you guys think about the new song (teaser)?

So, THE have a Spotify playlist of songs/bands that inspired the project...

upload_2021-12-24_20-19-33.png

Bands on the list...

Merciless
Kreator
Sadus
Pestilence
Slayer
Sepultura
Bathory
Death
Malevolent Creation
Sentenced
Necrophagist
Carnage
Carcass
Deicide
Autopsy
Vader
Unanimated
Obituary
Asphyx
Massacre
Grotesque
Savatage
Running Wild
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Magnum
King Diamond
Metal Church
Coroner
Judas Priest
Entombed
Trouble
Soundgarden
Kyuss
Sanctuary
Queensryche
The Cult
Foo Fighter (lol, fuck off)
Motley Crue
Mastodon

So apparently this melodic death metal throwback supergroup is not particularly inspired by melodic death metal. Would have made some sense to at least have a few tracks in there from old IF, old DT, old Soilwork, etc...

Nonetheless, that's some assortment of inspirations.

I hope there's some faster drumming and serious riffing in that song. This little teaser sounds cool if a bit cheesy.

Reactions: eochaid
So, THE have a Spotify playlist of songs/bands that inspired the project...

View attachment 29869

Bands on the list...

Merciless
Kreator
Sadus
Pestilence
Slayer
Sepultura
Bathory
Death
Malevolent Creation
Sentenced
Necrophagist
Carnage
Carcass
Deicide
Autopsy
Vader
Unanimated
Obituary
Asphyx
Massacre
Grotesque
Savatage
Running Wild
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Magnum
King Diamond
Metal Church
Coroner
Judas Priest
Entombed
Trouble
Soundgarden
Kyuss
Sanctuary
Queensryche
The Cult
Foo Fighter (lol, fuck off)
Motley Crue
Mastodon

So apparently this melodic death metal throwback supergroup is not particularly inspired by melodic death metal. Would have made some sense to at least have a few tracks in there from old IF, old DT, old Soilwork, etc...

Nonetheless, that's some assortment of inspirations.
It sounds like a list of bands that inspired them to start into music.

Reactions: DE4life