Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

Isn't In Broken Trust on the Rooftop Concert?

How was the rooftop concert, anyways? I haven't been able to find any actual footage of it. I've only seen them in the Sweden Rock Festival and Istanbul, the latter of which I'm only getting around to now.

eochaid hooked me up with that, so I will pay it forward...

Thanks, man, I really appreciate you sending it.

Man, his vocals are even better here than on the studio versions of the singles, I really wish they felt rawer like this in the final cuts. Fucking awesome concert.

Loved hearing "In Broken Trust" so clearly, especially with the fireworks at the end- That was goddamn incredible. My one hope for the song is that the studio version has the backing vocal harmonies in the chorus that the Sweden Rock Festival performance had. Haven't heard the backing vocals in the rooftop concert (Which is to be expected, there didn't seem to be any sort of backing tracks at all) nor in Istanbul. Even if it doesn't end up having them, it'll still definitely be my favorite from the album.

The streaming were just 4 songs. They will be showing the full concert in a special even in Gothenburg.

I didn't know they filmed a full concert actually. I thought it was just the 4 songs. In Broken Trust is interesting but Mikael's cleans sound out of place to me. I don't know why. I'm sure on the album it will sound better. I'm usually a big fan of his cleans, but I didn't enjoy them here.

I didn't know they filmed a full concert actually. I thought it was just the 4 songs. In Broken Trust is interesting but Mikael's cleans sound out of place to me. I don't know why. I'm sure on the album it will sound better. I'm usually a big fan of his cleans, but I didn't enjoy them here.

The Sweden Rock Festival version has some higher backing vocals, and his vocals as a whole on the song aren't quite as low. They do sound a bit out of place in the rooftop concert, but I still love the clarity of the recording.

Really looking forward to Conditional and Gateways on the record.

I feel like "Conditional" and "Gateways" are gonna sound fucking incredible on the album. "Conditional" is already another favorite of mine, so I'm really excited for it too.

The clean singing is fine, I honestly hope there is more of it on the actual album (I'm steering clear of the youtube videos because I don't want to listen to phone camera recordings of live songs and spoil myself). I like the main riff too and it works quite well, but for some reason whenever melodeath bands use harmonic minor scale (that kind of darker sounding vibe) I can't help but feel like it was intented as a filler track because no matter what you do with that scale, it always ends up sounding the same. It also makes it sound quite like Dark Tranquillity. On the other hand it will work well in the context of the full album because it does switch the mood up a little bit and the rest of the album will sound less homogenic by comparison I'm sure.

There are only two songs with clean vocals in the album from what they have said. There are probably more among the discarded ones.

In the meantime, the first review. It is not really deep or says too much. Just that the album is exactly what we could be expecting and mentions a few highlights.

Last edited:
9 days to go... maybe a little less if there's an early leak. Most likely that'll only be a day or two before the official release at most though.

I tried out that Halo Effect map thing they put out a couple weeks ago. Pretty cool. Jesper looks like he's in rough shape, sadly. Glad he's still putting out music and playing with THE when he can.

There are only two songs with clean vocals in the album from what they have said. There are probably more among the discarded ones.

In the meantime, the first review. It is not really deep or says too much. Just that the album is exactly what we could be expecting and mentions a few highlights.

The concerts seem to prove that there are just the two on the album with clean vocals. Hopefully, those 'discarded' songs will end up on the second album. It's fucking awesome to know that it's becoming a full band instead of just a project like Passenger or something of the sort.

Nice, I might actually be able to hear a good quality version of Conditional.

Yep. Quality is good, both audio and video, as always with WOA livestreams. Not the level of excellence of Arte livestreams but still!

I think THE is 11:15pm UK time, as Germany are an hour ahead of us...