Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

I'm picking up some popcorn from the supermarket tonight regardless :heh:

Watching In Extremo on the Faster stage at the moment, which is what THE will be playing on later, and wow... if that's going to be the size of the crowd for THE it's going to be huge. Sound and video quality on the stream is great - can't wait for THE to start!

Reactions: eochaid
I'm yet putting poison into the family's dinner.

Also, is there some trustable link? I'll check if I can record the stream.

Reactions: DE4life
live.wacken.com works fine for me. I'll also attempt to record the stream, should just be able to screen capture using the Windows 10 Xbox game bar.

Slipknot starting off their set pretty old school with Disasterpiece (2001) and Wait and Bleed (1999). Would be like IF starting off with Episode 666 and Artifacts. If only.

Didn't realise Slipknot had never been to Wacken before. Weird. Also funny that they're nowadays considered this legendary metal band, considering in the early and mid-2000s they were literally getting bottled off stage at some festivals.

Different stage and the time. Main acts always play at this time, before is too late and people decides to go back home.

Ehh... I kinda like Slipknot :D they aren't great or anything, but I respect that they've kept at it despite all the shit thrown their way. I genuinely do like some of their stuff... but generally a handful of songs amongst a lot of stuff that is pretty average.

But yeah as @eochaid says, different stage for THE.

I've seen them live and they're a great band. No matter how much I despise Corey Taylor, he's a beast live.

Got it.

I've never been able to get into Slipknot at all. It's too nu-metal for me I think. I actually like Corey Taylor in interviews and things, but as a vocalist he does nothing for me.

Also, when people days that Anders is a great frontman I laugh a lot. Compared to CT he's a minion. This is a guy who really knows how to talk to the audience.

Corey's harsh vocals are nothing special imo, clean vocals are decent though. Stone Sour in particular has some really nice songs - Bother, Zzyzx Rd, Hell & Consequences, Come What(ever) May, Made of Scars... all good stuff.

Slipknot's most interesting album is their first one - Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat. Utterly bizarre album but the experimentation is really unique.

Reactions: mindd