Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

He should just say he hasn't heard the album. The explanations for why he hasn't are kind of absurd at this point and are just fueling the fire of speculation. Unless there really is an NDA involved or other legal issues. If he wants to avoid comparisons to The Halo Effect, not much he can do. It'll be a question in every interview he'll do for the rest of his career.

Last edited:
I'm just amazed at the difference between the two bands. On one side we have a few nice dudes just writing a love letter to music and place of their youth.

On the other we have that massive bitter dick and his merry band of producers, mercenaries and yes-men.

No wonder it all sounds so fake and plastic.

It is also very interesting how Niklas couldn't or wasn't allowed to write almost anything during his stay in IF, and then came up with an album and a half worth of material.

I also like how he used the excuse of being "burnt out" to Anders and Bjorn, then proceeded to go and write an entire album plus more :D hipster hamster now realising Niclas meant he was burnt out listening to Anders try to sing and Bjorn try to compose average music for years, and is now very salty over it.

I think he was lying then. Matt Heafy used to post on these very forums. I know he was super influenced by In Flames, Entombed, Dark Tranquillity, etc. because he used to say so even back then. I think what's happening in that interview is that he's trying to justify why the album had all clean singing, which ended up being one of their weakest albums, imo. They were trying to be an 80s thrash band and it didn't work. I'm not saying he wasn't influenced by 80s thrash too, but he's gone on record multiple times saying that the Gothenburg scene was his introduction to extreme metal and it was definitely before 2006.

I've been rereading the old SOAPF thread every so often and came across it on there :D

I would tag Heafy and ask him to explain himself, but not sure what his username was. @ThePhobiac maybe?

:D

It's been so long, I wouldn't even know where to start. It probably has "trivium" in it though. He used to use this place to advertise the band when nobody knew who they were.

Have to imagine he looked on this forum at some point if he logged in :D Clayman 2020 would have been the most recent release, so would have been ... darker times.

Reactions: galvanized
Would be nice to know what Anders problem is. He seems like a total asshole these days... Daniel must enjoy seeing that "Tanner is the best drummer we ever had" comment. Not a choice of words I would have used...

About Halo Effect... Normal adult would just comment Halo Effect something like "Awesome that my old friends are still making music. They have a great album, check it out".

Arrggh...

Edit: Think about it if Daniel commented "Stanne was the best singer IF ever had". Would be just as stupid..

Last edited:
On the one hand I understand that he's probably annoyed about the comparisons and questions regarding THE. But what I found particularly amusing was him saying they need to find their own identity. Like, really? Those guys all have their own identity. And Jesper's "identity" is all over your fucking current band, guy. In Flames wouldn't sound like In Flames without Jesper's identity and without Jesper teaching Bjorn how to write for IF (by Bjorn's own admission).

Acting like THE guys are a bunch of amateurs because it's their first release under the banner of The Halo Effect is just childish. Those guys have all worked together for years in different projects. Yes, The Halo Effect is a "new band", but its not like a bunch of random people got together for a project. This dude becomes more and more of a prick every day.

Would be nice to know what Anders problem is. He seems like a total asshole these days... Daniel must enjoy seeing that "Tanner is the best drummer we ever had" comment. Not a choice of words I would have used...

About Halo Effect... Normal adult would just comment Halo Effect something like "Awesome that my old friends are still making music. They have a great album, check it out".

Arrggh...

It's because Anders is salty about it. It's written all over his face every time he does an interview and THE comes up. He doesn't want to just come out and say "fuck those guys" but you get the feeling that he's thinking it. There's no reason to throw Daniel under the bus like that. If that's how he feels, that's fine, no problem. But you don't need to say it in interviews. Especially when THE guys are so complimentary of IF.

Just found this, and goddamn. This sings a much different and much more hostile tune than what Anders has been saying so far. Someone caught him on a bad day, that's for damn sure.
https://blabbermouth.net/news/are-i...ough-to-be-in-a-band-with-the-singer-responds

"Björn and I have 100 percent trust in each other," Fridén said. "He can give me a piece of music and know that I will give him something back he'll feel proud about. I know his way of playing and it's something I love singing on. He's from that Ritchie Blackmore, Jimmy Page school of soulful, bluesy guitar players. And he has a good melodic sense. I know him inside and out and I love him to death."

Until he too quits the band? Anders is insufferable just from the interviews alone, imagine being stuck with him 24 hours a day months on end. Even Bjorn's nice happy go lucky persona surely has a limit.

Anders' biggest problem is not so much that his lyrics are terrible, or that he can't sing properly without autotune, but that he is such a dick.

Reactions: DE4life