Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

So, they have opened their official store (or something similar) where they're selling the single in vynil format. The b side is the song remixed by Ihsahn.

I guess that explains why he was one of the first to 'like' the instagram post where the band was announced.

Reactions: eochaid
Like always, I come clutch with some info. Was an interview with Stanne & Peter in Sweden. I'll paraphrase some stuff.

The band is actually about 2 years old, and it was very hard to keep it a secret. It started with Stanne contacting Niclas Engelin because he was gonna have time over. They started doing some demos, they felt it was working good. Then the other people joined one after one and suddenly they were a band.

When they entered the studio last year the plan was to record some demos but they ended up doing a whole album. They enjoyed their time and it was very relaxed because they had no expectations or deadlines at all to follow.

Asked about their sound and band-history, the plan was never to do something unique or new, just to do what they know best, melodic death metal from gothenburg simply put, they're not trying to reinvent the wheel.

No release date is set for the album yet but it will be released in good time prior to the fall tour with Machine Head (So probably Q2 or early Q3?)
Also Peter said, this is not some random fun project, it's a real band and something they're fully invested in. Stanne agrees and says it started as a fun thing but they're doing it for real. Also that it's going to be a logicistal nightmare for Stanne, but that's only going to be his problem he said laughingly.

That's about it, hard to translate some stuff because it's some Swedish sayings/slang but you get the gist of it.

It all sounds positive. Great to hear that this is a real band and not just a one off project, although I'm curious to see how Stanne will balance it with his DT duties. Obviously the rest of the band are free to focus on THE, but DT are a pretty well established act by this point.

Interesting that it's been going on for a couple of years. It sounds like this all started around the time Niclas disappeared from In Flames.

Like always, I come clutch with some info. Was an interview with Stanne & Peter in Sweden. I'll paraphrase some stuff.

The band is actually about 2 years old, and it was very hard to keep it a secret. It started with Stanne contacting Niclas Engelin because he was gonna have time over. They started doing some demos, they felt it was working good. Then the other people joined one after one and suddenly they were a band.

When they entered the studio last year the plan was to record some demos but they ended up doing a whole album. They enjoyed their time and it was very relaxed because they had no expectations or deadlines at all to follow.

Asked about their sound and band-history, the plan was never to do something unique or new, just to do what they know best, melodic death metal from gothenburg simply put, they're not trying to reinvent the wheel.

No release date is set for the album yet but it will be released in good time prior to the fall tour with Machine Head (So probably Q2 or early Q3?)
Also Peter said, this is not some random fun project, it's a real band and something they're fully invested in. Stanne agrees and says it started as a fun thing but they're doing it for real. Also that it's going to be a logicistal nightmare for Stanne, but that's only going to be his problem he said laughingly.

That's about it, hard to translate some stuff because it's some Swedish sayings/slang but you get the gist of it.

Good old krofius infos.. I've missed this :D

Any info on If Anything Suspicious or IF? :D

He was sharing videos on Instagram when pandemic was at its top with this kinda of music on the background so I was expecting something like this. Exactly what I was expecting and its pretty good. I like how Anders always tries to do something different and this project is one of them.

I specially liked "Farewell", different vibes. I was expecting a song with vocals on top cause when he was at studio with Niels, he shared some lyrics. We'll see, I like what I'm hearing.

Not my mind of thing, but it's good that he's doing it separately rather than under the In Flames banner.

The "Farewell" song reminds me a bit of ''Your Bedtime Story Is Scaring Everyone''. Not in terms of the actual melody, don't know why I get reminded of it, maybe it's the way the piano is played and the general feeling of the song. I used to love that track, had a version that ended before the vocals and instruments kicked in, so it was just a chill 3min version I had on my iPod Classic back in the days.

Erm, songs are good. No singing def helps.

I fail to see what is new, brave or whatever here. Pleasant and fairly standard for the genre.

Some of the IF Facebook crew are being a bit cruel :rofl:

upload_2021-11-20_13-45-24.png

upload_2021-11-20_13-45-41.png

upload_2021-11-20_13-46-3.png

upload_2021-11-20_13-46-18.png

upload_2021-11-20_13-46-34.png

upload_2021-11-20_13-47-0.png

upload_2021-11-20_13-47-14.png

upload_2021-11-20_13-47-28.png

These guys are more brutal than us these days :D

:D harsh but fair. I would say start a separate 'Anders' New Music' thread but can't imagine it would go much past a page or two.