Five Former Members Of In Flames Unite In The Halo Effect

Good song, much better than Shadowminds. Really like the guitar melodies and riffs. I just hope there's some even faster stuff on the album, I need some nice double-bass action.

Cool video. Was Jesper playing lead guitar there?

Also "DLS" behind Stanne in some shots, clearly stands for "Download Lunar Strain" :cool:

Reactions: eochaid
Wow what a great song. Lots of Colony influence. Also hear a bit of Reroute to Remain in the verses and the really nice riff in the bridge. A massive improvement on the so-so Shadowminds. A lot of Niclas in the writing of this which I'm happy with, I'm a big fan of Engel and even Passenger.

Daniel's drumming is low-key the biggest thing In Flames are missing at the moment, he kills it. I'm really excited for this album. It's a shame that Anders and Bjorn seems to be railroading down the Sirius XM route as I still love them both for what they have produced (I have Bjorn's signature model guitar for god's sake!) But this is so much better than In Flames in 2022. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on a ticket for the Amon Amarth + Machine Head co-headline UK tour later this year as THE are supporting - can't miss out on seeing such an iconic lineup, especially as I've never seen Jesper (was only 12 when he left IF, didn't see the band live for the first time until 2014) and Mikael Stanne (When tf did DT last do a UK headline tour?!) Live.

Reactions: DE4life
Daniel's drumming is low-key the biggest thing In Flames are missing at the moment, he kills it. I'm really excited for this album. It's a shame that Anders and Bjorn seems to be railroading down the Sirius XM route as I still love them both for what they have produced (I have Bjorn's signature model guitar for god's sake!) But this is so much better than In Flames in 2022. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on a ticket for the Amon Amarth + Machine Head co-headline UK tour later this year as THE are supporting - can't miss out on seeing such an iconic lineup, especially as I've never seen Jesper (was only 12 when he left IF, didn't see the band live for the first time until 2014) and Mikael Stanne (When tf did DT last do a UK headline tour?!) Live.

To be honest if Daniel was still a part of In Flames he'd be fucking wasted anyway. He had nothing to work with on Siren Charms and wouldn't have had much more from Battles or ITM either. I'm glad he's in a project where he can really shine, rather than slumming it with the hipster hamster and Bjorn. As Bjorn once said about the band: "anyone can play our stuff".

I'd like to see THE but London... ugh. I might be in Finland around September time though so maybe I'll just go to the Helsinki date instead.

Firstly, the song titles remind me of a DT tracklist.

Secondly, the next single 'Days of the Lost' has leaked, wtf. I'm sure they haven't even announced it on social media yet? Anyway, it's available on the high seas...

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
I assume Stanne is writing THE lyrics? If so then I can't imagine there will be anything purposefully negative about IF in there. He doesn't have any reason to write such things.

'Days of the Lost' is more in the vein of 'Feel What I Believe' than 'Shadowminds'. Embody the Invisible/Karma style opening. Pretty straightforward song in general but I like it. Some nice IF style riffs, solid melodic guitar passages. All growls from Stanne again - I wonder if he'll do any cleans on this album?

Stanne is writing the lyrics and they have yet said what the two songs that have been released are about.

Shadowminds: pandemic.
Fell What I Believe: growing up listening to metal music.

I would genuinely say so far all three singles are 9/10 for me. I get the feeling the album will be up there with my all-time favourites.

I haven't listened to Shadowminds in a little while, but I was listening to it again today and that pre-chorus/chorus section is so good. The one very noticeable thing about all singles released so far is that they flow seamlessly. There is no part of the song where an instrument or vocal feels out of place. Everything is constructed and produced with expert precision.

Reactions: eochaid
I think Days of the Lost is good but I can't help thinking about the intro being super similar to Embody the Invincible.

Reactions: A88
The riff in the pre-chorus is also similarly structured to the riff in the chorus of Embody the Invincible.

Its clear where Niclas got his inspiration from.