Florida Iced Earth/SX Roll Call and Thoughts thread!

The FL show was good, man there was a lot of people!!! i would imagine somewhere around the 900s?

Got to grab some dinner with the Morris clan and then we got inside. SX was on - however the sound was really muddy... seemed to be the same for Iced Earth. Stu is an absolute monster vocalist! He was definitely the highlight of their set! Iced Earth definitely had "the crowd" as far as t shirts were going... I would say at least 60% of the crowd had Iced Earth shirts on, with the rest being random bands/normal clothes or SX shirts.

I can imagine that it was a really hectic day for production as the show had to clear out before 11 an the beacham turned into a club *bleh**

We had about 500 people on a Tuesday night in Charlotte. I drove for about 80 minutes to get there. It was totally worth it.

It was an early show, starting promptly at 7:00PM (I missed the first couple of songs from Warbringer because of this). Iced Earth was over at 11:25.

Warbringer - decent Thrash...they were having fun.

Symphony X - brilliant...amazing...Allen NAILED every note all night. Set was heavy on Iconoclast material, for obvious reasons. 10/10

Iced Earth - they need to hire a new sound guy...he sucks. He ruined the good sound that Warbringer & Symphony X had...all rhythm guitar, bass & snare drum...vocals and solos drowned out (except for Block's screams....those were loud and clear). They were so loud at one point it was distorting and the snare felt like it was driving a nail into my ear. "Dante's Inferno" and "Damien" (as awesome as they are) kinda dragged down the set with the drawn out epic vibe...but overall a well played set from Iced Earth. 7/10