Florida Metal Promoter Needed...

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
can anyone recommend a good Florida-based prog/power/thrash metal promoter? I need a contact to work with, and the MySpace search gave me nothing. :erk:

Any help would be appreciated. Just list their contact info here, or else PM me. Thanks! :cool:

~Hoyt.

I don't know who did it, but whomever promoted the Sonata Arctica/Aghora show last Feb and is promoting the SA show this Oct 6th should fit the bill of whom you're looking for. Perhaps you can get contact info from the Culture Room, where these events have and will take place.

http://www.cultureroom.net/home.htm

Other than that, PM Empress. She knows more of what's going on in the South FL metal scene.

bumpity-bump. :cool:

just curious if anyone else can lend a hand with this request. Thanks!

I'm also looking for a couple of good Jacksonville/Gainesville Fla area prog/power/thrash bands to support a show on June 22nd in Jacksonville.

details to come. :heh:

bumpity-bump. :cool:

just curious if anyone else can lend a hand with this request. Thanks!

I'm also looking for a couple of good Jacksonville/Gainesville Fla area prog/power/thrash bands to support a show on June 22nd in Jacksonville.

details to come. :heh:

THE BEST metal band from Jacksonville - TEMPEST REIGN
Someone needs to work with these guys, they are seriously sick with talent!!

BURN SEASON are a great rock n roll band, who also happens to be on the Mustang Agency roster *nudge nudge*

Another cool band is Inner Demons

As for promoters, I was just in Jacksonville to see Inner Demons and we started talking abouthow the scene isn't very unified and there aren't many good promoters in the metal community. About the only one that exists is Jax Rock and I think you can find some good bands through Jax Bands. Since I fell in love with St Augustine, everyone made the joke that I ought to move there and help repair the fractured music scene in FL! I'm taking over the metal scene, one state at a time! :lol: :cool:

...As for promoters, I was just in Jacksonville to see Inner Demons and we started talking abouthow the scene isn't very unified and there aren't many good promoters in the metal community. About the only one that exists is Jax Rock and I think you can find some good bands through Jax Bands. Since I fell in love with St Augustine, everyone made the joke that I ought to move there and help repair the fractured music scene in FL! I'm taking over the metal scene, one state at a time! :lol: :cool:

all added :heh:

Thank you very much Tammy. :D I knew I could count on you! :headbang:

Since I fell in love with St Augustine, everyone made the joke that I ought to move there and help repair the fractured music scene in FL! I'm taking over the metal scene, one state at a time! :lol: :cool:
Now if you could do that in South FL and make the FL Madfest, some year, that would be awesome! :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

all added :heh:

Thank you very much Tammy. :D I knew I could count on you! :headbang:

Anytime, buddy! I just found a few more bands you might dig...
Autumn's Grey Solace
Dummo
En Masse
Crypteria
Oops... can't forget about my boys, Allele

Some bands that need a bit of work but have potential:
The NESkimos - this is just fun! First two songs are the 'ok' ones.
I am Ahab - poor recording quality, MAD potential
Dead Flesh - look beyond the poor recording and you'll see these guys are a badass death metal band!

Check this out:
St Augustine Bands
Jacksonville Shows & Events
:OMG:

damn, when you're right - you're RIGHT!!! :kickass:

and I didn't even realize Brent Smedley was a part of this band until I heard the tell-tale signs of Smedley percussion! Whoa! Killer!

:worship:

I told ya ;) They have a new vocalist who is on two of their myspace songs (can't remember which two right now, it might say on the profile) and he is intense! I was fortunate to hear nearly all their material while I was in Florida. I didn't get to see them live though, since their drummer is out with Iced Earth. "Next time, Gadget.. Next time!!" :Smokedev:

Glad you dig the recommendation!!

Now if you could do that in South FL and make the FL Madfest, some year, that would be awesome! :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

I would certainly love an excuse to visit south Florida all the time, so I would most definately be hosting shows there as much as possible! :lol: It takes a little time to warm up/worm into the local scene, but once that happens - game on! :cool:

I've searched for a few, and I keep remembering names:
Porcelain Black - one of my favorite industrial bands.

I know you asked for prog/power bands but they seem to be few and far between so you'll have to piece together complimentary genres for a solid show. You can do it! There are some great acts there that could work very well together!
Autumn's Grey Solace w/ Porcelain Black & En Masse = Oh my goth!!
Crypteria w/ Dummo, I am Ahab, and Dead Flesh = brutal!
Tempest Reign w/ Inner Demons, The NESkimos & Dummo = sweet! :headbang:

:Smokedev:
Ya'll are tempting me, aren't ya?! That's why you really posted this, Hoyt - to lure me down to FL, huh?! :lol:

... I know you asked for prog/power bands but they seem to be few and far between so you'll have to piece together complimentary genres for a solid show. You can do it! There are some great acts there that could work very well together!

Yeah, I've already written Tempest Reign to see if they'd be available in mid-June for something in Jax-town. I'll keep several of the others in mind as well, in case that doesn't pan out.

:Smokedev: Ya'll are tempting me, aren't ya?! That's why you really posted this, Hoyt - to lure me down to FL, huh?! :lol:

tee hee :saint: I'll never tell. *shifty-eyed*

:lol:

Yeah, I've already written Tempest Reign to see if they'd be available in mid-June for something in Jax-town. I'll keep several of the others in mind as well, in case that doesn't pan out.

Cool!! The singer is a great guy and is usually the one who replies via myspace, and I imagine via e-mail as well. I really can't believe Tempest Reign has been around for years and are still just hanging out in Jax! Seriously... o_O Had I discovered them sooner than I did, they'd most definately be at Madfest!

Rider of Theli said:
tee hee :saint: I'll never tell. *shifty-eyed*

:lol:

I knew it!! :lol:

Tempest Reign & Inner Demons have captured my interest in the FL/JAx music scene. When I have a good reason to dig into a market, I can get carried away (as I'm sure you can imagine) :lol:

Well, good luck! Let me know if you need anymore help, suggestions, or whatnot :)

:Smokedev: