Florida Powerfest?!?!?!

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126669

Really? WTF?

At first I thought, "Wow, what fuckin idiots to name their fest "Florida Powerfest"...shows how much they know about the scene & how original they are for using Powerfest in the name. :rolleyes: But oh well, the world is full of idiots & what can you do." But then I got a bit more curious & decided to look into who these promoters are just to see if I knew any of them...cuz yeah, it really is a small world, especially when it comes to metal promoters, and even moreso metal festival promoters. Well, what I found was really disappointing! One of that Powerfest's promotion companies is Pathfinder Promotions, whose founder is Hoyt Parris...one of the main people involved with ProgPower.

Hmmm.... :Smug:

Eh! Fuck it! I know I'm making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. Then again, there's a reason why we didn't name ours Chicago Metalfest...both not to confuse people into thinking that we're affiliated with the Milwaukee Metalfest & also out of respect for those promoters and their successes with the fest they put together. Oh well, maybe we just care more about such things. Although, what makes it a tad bit more surprising is the ProgPower connection...reason being is that I'm sure that ProgPower USA wasn't just named that without some sort of affiliation with the original ProgPower Europe. Of course, I'm fairly confident that Glenn had nothing to do with the naming of that "Powerfest" in Florida, but you would think that someone who associates so closely with ProgPower would have the same courtesy Glenn did when starting PP USA. Oh well...I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

OK...just my 2 cents...rant off.

Flame away. :lol:

Just wanted to clarify...in case anyone actually cares about my previous rant. :p

It has been brought to my attention that Hoyt (Pathfinder Promotions) had no involvement in the naming of this Florida fest. Apparently he was approached by Camden Cruz of Camden Cruz Entertainment to help out after the name had already been picked. Sorry for laying any blame on the wrong person.

And although a professional courtesy still would've been nice, I guess it would be wrong for me to expect it from him just because it's something we would do.

Plus...I guess it's truly not that big of a deal cuz there are "hundreds" of other fests with "Powerfest" in the name...so what's one more. :rolleyes:

Really? There are? Of the "metal" variety? Hmmm.... :Smug:

Anyway...life goes on...