Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56

lekteri

Oct 22, 2007
Finland
www.facebook.com
Nice recording device but when watching video files/using Sonar 8/listening music i hear cracks/pops coming through audio.

I have latest drivers installed.
Tried few other firewire cables.
I have tried set latency times/asio buffer size etc.......
I have done this:
http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/article.php?id=264
Nothing seems to work.

Does firewire card make huge difference? I have VIA chipset based firewire card in pci slot. I think A-Link is the brand. Does it has to be TI chipset/Belkin?

Amd 5050e processor, 4gb ram.
Windows SP3 installed.

Firewire card is my first guess! Also, make sure you don't have too many extra processes running in the background, but considering your computer specs I doubt that's an issue...

I don't experience crackling once I get the buffer to 256 or 512. I use a TI chipset card, though.

However, occasioanlly in Sonar, I will not be able to hit "stop" and the project will go on playing forever. I have gotten aroudn this by adjustign the buffer in the Liquid Saffire very low while the project is playign to force a dropout. That makes the project stop, then i can save and restart Sonar.

Other than that, my only other problem is audio occasioanlly pausing itself for a second in Winamp/quicktime/etc. and then resuming.

Once I was doing some video editing work and imported data from cam to comp via a-link firewire card. It was shit! Stuttering video that would skip every 8 seconds :mad:. With better FW card (TI-chip) the video was ok but I was in a hurry and had to use some of the stuttering video imported before :cry:

So I guess it's the same with audio? Get a FW card that has TI-chip - No more tears?

Hmm, my laptop is a Core 2 Duo also, 2.5 Ghz, and 2 Gigs of RAM, and I have no trouble running my Onyx 400F (or my old Onyx Satellite) at 128 samples with AIM and MSN messenger running in the BG, an instance of Firefox (usually checking here :lol: ), etc. - seems like something's amiss dude!

Three letters! IRQ
My graphics card had same irq as my firewire card.
After doing some serius saffire re-installing, bios ac97 enabling/disabling etc. bullshitting, fw card's irq changed.
No cracks/pops anymore.

Guitar Pro's midi doesn't seem to work with saffire.

I was going to suggest to check your IRQ settings, but for some reason I've missed the thread until now. Good to know you've fixed it though.