Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56

Ha! Did you happen to check the Focusrite site today and discover the new driver? I've been checking periodically for a year, and it just came out yesterday apparently. I wish they'd send emails or something.

If you click details, is the "driver" something different from the other features listed? For example, it says nothing about stability improvements, but maybe that's inherent in the "Driver updated," and the rest is just specific bonus stuff like Lion-compatibility? Just wondering if I should update because none of the specific details listed show improvements for my system, unless the updated driver is inherently more stable.

I asked them about the firewire drivers and they replied..

"We would always recommend that you use the latest version of Saffire Mix control, and at the moment this is version 2.4. We do also see better success with connection using the legacy drivers, so you should use these. If you notice problems after you switch then you should switch back to the newer drivers."

Off topic a little bit, but how are you getting on with the FLS56 ? Im considering upgrading from my current interface. Do you use the liquid pres, how do you feel about them, is this a pretty stable peice outside of your fw card issue?