Folk-music

Now that I've heard the full versions of the other two songs, I'm most eager for a full album. *drool* :)

in the past few months i've come across really nice bands :)

DARK FOLK
  • Sieben
  • Belborn
  • Naevus
  • Novalis
  • Lux Interna
  • Of The Wand And The Moon
  • Sorrow
and
  • Karnnos (Dark Ambient / Folk)
  • Von Thronstahl (Neo Folk)

Originally posted by Soulburner
By the way... have anyone heard/have darkfolk band Mighty Ruthless Ducks?.. I've heard name couple of times but haven't heard the music... I'm curious what band with such name can play :)

Sounds goofy, but might be worth a try...
*Runs to audiogalaxy*

Edit; *Runs mack here pretty quick*
Couldn't find anything....

Today in the car I realized that I want to get a lot of Far Eastern folk music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean). Only thing surprising about that is it never occured to me earlier.

But then I had an "urge" to find some Communist propaganda in Chinese sung by girls and/or women.
very odd. Probably a throwback from some movie I saw somewhere...

"Someone know folk-bands like Otyg but than without metal-guitars? I can only find some Celtic and Irish bands but they doesn't sound like Otyg."

The Swedish band "Garmarna" play Scandinavic folkmusic with modern elements. Pretty cool! Check out their album "Vittrad"..

Then it's the band "Bukkene Bruse" and the artist "Annbjørn Lien" from Norway. A bit calmer music than Garmarna, but it's very nice folkmusic..

The band Skrona is a amateur band on mp3.com, but they have some good songs. www.mp3.com/skrona <- download their song Helgum.

Here are some more links to other bands and artists of interest:
http://webbuilder.allra.com/folkemusikk_ny/include/linker3.asp?typeunder=6&type=8

Does someone have some other tips?