Folk-music

Hi Ymir!
Yes, I'm so called 'Asatru'. I'm a member of this society:
http://www.forn-sed.no/main/english/english.htm

It's cool to see other also who are interested in the same things as me.. I look forward to hear your songs :)

The other two names I mentioned are writers, and not a composers..

Vintersorg and Thyrfing write their lyrrics with ordinary Swedish words, but sometimes there are words which is not known to urban people in Sweden. But it's not old Nordic, it's Swedish! hehe.. If they had written in old Nordic, the lyrics would sound like Icelandic.

I write on Norwegian, and some of it is on our second language, Newer-Norwegian which is less urban and more "old"...

well, I know Vintersorg and Thyrfing write some of their lyrics in Swedish and not Nordic, but nevermind

This is interesting for Fleischwolf, who is on this board too. He like languages a lot.

Asatru is great, I will read more about that subject!

Oki.. many of the words is very likely Norways second language, maybe that's why I don't see the difference..

Originally posted by YMIR

This is interesting for Fleischwolf, who is on this board too. He like languages a lot.

:) yupp, it is! and in fact i do speak some norwegian, but not really good and allmost only bokmål, which is a shame!;)

i'm a heathen too and would like to know if there is such an organisation in austria too! but i wasn't able to find anything!

Here are some lumsk news :

We have been in contact with Warner records now, but it looks like they are full for the moment, but anywho:

Check out the new Scream magazine, and monster magazine for some fresh live news about Griffin,Embraced and Lumsk from the consert on Blæst,Trondheim the 3 of may 2002

Greets,
Snorre

Hey all of you Scandanavian folk nuts, why don't you check out MP3.com's Scandanavian charts? The URL is:

genres.mp3.com/music/world_folk/world_traditions/european/scandinavian/

I just discovered it yesterday, and have already downloaded the tunes from three excellent Swedish bands:

Faust!
Skallagrim
Herr Arnes Penningar

The stuff is very traditional, and very good!!!

Regards,
Ulf

hmm, wanna bring this thread back on top, many new boardmembers joined us so maybe someone can add some cool folk(metal) bands here??

anyone heard something from lumsk???

@blackspirit: listen to that band now, damn happy music but I really like it

You assholes:p . You made this topic without I saw it!

Lumsk yeah Great! STUFF!!
you can download two great songs on
www.lumsk.com

then you have schandmaul from germany also folk
www.schandmaul.com

i heard about Saltatio Mortis ..

More bands
Satarial from Russia..

hmm this post would become to big I think:p..

btw you can order a Ts now of lumsk and their demo!

Hails Vlad