Fool's Crown mixing challenge sample

Splat, could you explain me how you came too the guitarsound? (pod xt patches, impulses etc?) would be much apreciated.. i'm still realy fucking around with it myself so tgat would be awesome to learn from!

Sounds gamn good Splat. During the parts with the effect on the vocals, somehow you made it sound like it's a movie sound clip or something, or at least thats what I thought at first listen :lol:

~e.a

Fucking nice job Splat. I don't like the guys vocals, but that's not your fault heh. I guess after doing the first mixing challenge with this band, and hearing that song hundreds of times over, the guys voice kinda grates on me now. But good work none the less.

musickey said:
Sounds fuckin good to me man! to bad you dont have a Recto or 5150 layin around though:headbang:

Thanks. Well, the sad part is that I do have a 5150 and a Triple Rec laying around, but I can't reamp them because of the noise. I'm a slave to the wife and when she's home it headphones for me or I'm in the shithouse. My friend took his powersoak back too, so I can't use impulses with my real amps safely. The PODxt can't be beat in terms of convenience, but its tone still needs some work.

Seizure. said:
Splat, could you explain me how you came too the guitarsound? (pod xt patches, impulses etc?) would be much apreciated.. i'm still realy fucking around with it myself so tgat would be awesome to learn from!

For the guitarsound, I used the Dual Rectifier and eqed two seperate tracks with two different Curve EQ files. Each one was compressed differently with Voxengo's Marquis compressor then mixed together. One was bass heavy, the other treble heavy. I'll share them when I get back in town on Tuesday.

elephant-audio said:
Sounds gamn good Splat. During the parts with the effect on the vocals, somehow you made it sound like it's a movie sound clip or something, or at least thats what I thought at first listen :lol:

~e.a

It a telephon EQ preset in Sonar 5's Sonitus EQs. I just switched from Cubase to Sonar 5 and I love it!

Splat88 said:
It a telephon EQ preset in Sonar 5's Sonitus EQs. I just switched from Cubase to Sonar 5 and I love it!

Oh, a fellow Sonar user.

:headbang:

Splat rulez... i love his guitar sound (i still coudn't get close to it tho, after his tips )...amazing shit!

nice, but the bottom really seems congested and muddy.

love the guitar tones...

Nice work....i like how the vocals sit in the mix. My inner/outer bass player would like to hear a touch more bottom end and the guitars are a slight tad too scratchy for my taste but that's our friend the POD XT (mine's the same), so all things considered, I like it.