Footballs Back...

Riehlthing said:
have you not read what I've said? I do respect the Steelers. If the Panthers had beaten the Hawks, I would be rooting for the bus and Steelers..
I didn't mean you...I was saying I respect the amount of heart The Steelers
have been playing with in these playoffs....I'm a Patriots fan and would usually NEVER root for Pittsburgh but it's impossible for ME to not acknowledge what they've done..

Riehlthing said:
Seahawks are my team, I'm standing by them. It's been 20+ years of me rooting for them, I am not going to quit because Tman says the Steelers will whoop their ass..
We're just talking here kid...I'm not trying to influence you one way or the other...Like I said neither one of these are my team, I'm going to stop harrassing you about it because I don't mean anything by it and I'm getting the feeling you're taking offense.....I've had more then one argument with people telling me how badly The Pats sucked (Pre internet...To my face) and I didn't like it too much either.

Riehlthing said:
And yes, I believe the Seahawks have the offense in this game to pull it out. They have the offensive line to protect Hasselback and get Alexander some lanes to run. Even with Panthers being wounded, people were saying they would roll Seattle. This will be a good game, but, Seattle's offense can do enough to beat the Steelers..
I don't agree...We can argue this all day!!! They have Walter Jones who most consider the best OL in the game (Don't know if I agree w/ Jonathan Ogden in the league...But anyway) and The Steelers defense has too many weapons for one great player to pick up Alexander is in for a LONG Day (IMO, if this helps!!)

Riehlthing said:
All you have is Seattle sux, Steelers rule, come up with something. Steelers won 3 tough road games. Really? Didn't know that following espn saying it about every 10 seconds...
I don't believe the quote "Steelers Rule" has ever been typed by me and it never will...But here's a question for you....Why do you think ESPN is talking about it every ten seconds??? Because it's more impressive than what the Seahawks did...Sorry if this offends you...but it's true.

Riehlthing said:
Come up with something good, here's a freebie for you.
Dick Lebeau def coordinator designed his defense to beat the Walsh led 49ers during the Montana years.
I don't understand what you mean here why would you reference the 49ers,explain???

T_man357 said:
I don't understand what you mean here why would you reference the 49ers,explain???

Where do you think Holmgren learned the West Coast offense? The one where he was QB coach for Joe Montana, Offensive Coordinator for Steve Young, Head Coach for Brett Favre. Now Head Coach of the Seahawks with Hasselback. Sure the Steelers victory was impressive. So has Seattle's year.

Because of the past, I have rooted for other teams in the playoffs because Seattle wasn't there. I've rooted for Patriots (went to high school where Bledsoe played), rooted for Steelers (hate the Cowboys). I've always followed the Patriots because of Bledsoe. I follow alot of football. But my team, finally has a team that can win it. Seattle's O line is more than Jones, they have Hutchinson too. As for Ogden, that's why when def ends say who's the toughest tackle in the league, they rank Jones 1. Hutchinson is just as good, and the center for Seattle is going to pro-bowl too. Alt and I think I heard the guy ahead of him got hurt.

Riehlthing said:
Where do you think Holmgren learned the West Coast offense? The one where he was QB coach for Joe Montana, Offensive Coordinator for Steve Young, Head Coach for Brett Favre. Now Head Coach of the Seahawks with Hasselback. Sure the Steelers victory was impressive. So has Seattle's year..
I'm aware of Mike Holmgrens coaching lineage...I just didn't understand why that was important...Hence why i didn't understand "The freebie" And FYI very little Seattle has done this year has been impressive.

Riehlthing said:
Because of the past, I have rooted for other teams in the playoffs because Seattle wasn't there. I've rooted for Patriots (went to high school where Bledsoe played), rooted for Steelers (hate the Cowboys). I've always followed the Patriots because of Bledsoe...
I'm going to let you in on a little secret...Be sure not to tell anyone, Here it is..Bledsoe isn't a patriot anymore...Honest, He went to the Bills and now The Cowboys...Shhhh Don't tell anyone:tickled: :D :p

Riehlthing said:
I follow alot of football....
That's cool!! So do I, I like to know everything I can about every team (It's a sickness)

Riehlthing said:
But my team, finally has a team that can win it. Seattle's O line is more than Jones, they have Hutchinson too. As for Ogden, that's why when def ends say who's the toughest tackle in the league, they rank Jones 1. Hutchinson is just as good, and the center for Seattle is going to pro-bowl too. Alt and I think I heard the guy ahead of him got hurt.
And I'm happy for you that your is going to the Bowl...But there's no way they can win it!!! It'll take a total mental collapse plus a fire at their hotel with a few players taken hostage and a whole lot of other inprobable stuff to happen for the Steelers to lose this game...They say the truth hurts so I figure you're in agony right now...Sorry. But instead of getting off subject and debating why Ogden is a better OL I'm just going to say what i've said before
The Steelers will sack, knockdown and pressure Hasselback into turnovers and the Steeler "D" will score at least two TD'S...Watch and see.

And defense is my favorite side of the ball and I've NEVER heard any Defensive Ends saying Walter Jones is the toughest anything in the league which leads me to believe we're making up a few things to make our Seahawks chances look better...good for you!!

I know that Bledsoe isn't a Patriot anymore.
the freebie was because Lebeau's def is designed to stop Seattle's. Will it? We'll see.
Patrick Kearney has said so. Leonard Little also. That's 2 off the top of my head.

Riehlthing said:
I know that Bledsoe isn't a Patriot anymore.
the freebie was because Lebeau's def is designed to stop Seattle's. Will it? We'll see.
Patrick Kearney has said so. Leonard Little also. That's 2 off the top of my head.
I figured you knew...It was a joke. And like I said I've never heard anything from Patrick "One Year" Kearney or Leonard "aka Defendant" Little about Walter Jones. I have heard Little praise Orlando Pace though.. And Willie Roafs name gets thrown out there among great OL around the league..A case could be made for Jones but no greater than the guys named above.(And Ogden)
I personally like Robert Gallery in Oakland...You don't hear his name that much but give him time...He's still got alot of football to play. Logan Mankins in N.E. is another name you'll be hearing in the future...He's as mean & nasty a OL as I've ever seen.

Have you even watched any Seahawks game this year? A team that has 7 pro bowlers apparently really sucks and will get killed before the kickoff. For a football fan, you're dumb.

When Seattle wins, you'll say it was a fluke. When Pittsburgh wins, you'll say you were right the whole time.
Seattle wins, damn straight I was right. Pittsburgh wins, I say they deserved it.

Riehlthing said:
Have you even watched any Seahawks game this year? A team that has 7 pro bowlers apparently really sucks and will get killed before the kickoff. For a football fan, you're dumb.

When Seattle wins, you'll say it was a fluke. When Pittsburgh wins, you'll say you were right the whole time.
Seattle wins, damn straight I was right. Pittsburgh wins, I say they deserved it.
I'm starting to think that you're borderline retarded...You know a little slow..
They got 7 Pro Bowlers in the weak ass NFC.,that's more or less charity!!

I'm sure you know how damn lucky you are that your sorry excuse for a team doesn't play in the AFC West anymore...They sure as hell wouldn't have gone 6-0 in that division..in fact they probably wouldn't even have made the playoffs....So live it up!! Like I already said when they lose next Sunday you'll be the first joker saying "Well at least we got there" or some other losers comment. In the Highly unlikely scenario that Seattle wins (Actually impossible scenario) I'll be one of the first people here to post good for them to have done the impossible....But Seattle will have to win for that to happen...So don't hold your breath...You're blinded by loyalty....It happens, But next Sunday the blind fold comes off and you get to see that they never should've been on the same Super Bowl field with The Steelers!!

slow? what the hell are you talking about?
the game has not been played. but apparently the nfl's #1 scoring offense does not deserve to be in the super bowl. I like your reasoning. seattle has the 2nd best red zone defense. again, does not deserve to be in the super bowl. led the league in sacks. they have to suck. those stats were nfl stats, not nfc stats. get a clue. there is nothing impossible in the nfl, wait, for you to actually understand football and the league is impossible.

Lets not forget what happened 5 years ago. No one gave the Patriots any respect, they were the underdog, they played in the weaker confrence and there was no way they were going to beat the high scoring Rams offense. We all know how that one ended.

warparty666 said:
Lets not forget what happened 5 years ago. No one gave the Patriots any respect, they were the underdog, they played in the weaker confrence and there was no way they were going to beat the high scoring Rams offense. We all know how that one ended.
That's a good point....But Holmgren isn't Belichick!! & Seattle ain't The Patriots..When Seattle came off there bye week and closed the season with
Cardinals, Rams. 49ers, Giants, Eagles, 49ers, Titans, Colts, Packers
Four of these wins come by virtue that they're in the WORST DIVISION IN FOOTBALL!!! A fact this clown keeps trying to sidestep...Add to that the fact that The Giants gave Seattle that game (Anyone who saw it or remembers it knows that) Injuries and T.O. killed The Eagles this year, The Colts had no reason to win and benched everyone...and the rest of those teams are some real heavy hitters:rolleyes: (They lost to The Packers) The type of teams that if one team actually played them in a row like that could probably inflate all that teams stats...Not to mention 6 wins in a pathetic division against overmatched opposition...But reality is something this joker wants no part of....They couldn't beat teams like The Jags (Whose "D" is as good as The Steelers) and The Redskins in the regular season (And they were damn lucky that Washington fell apart in the playoff game....Spot The Steelers 3 t/o's on Sunday and watch what happens!!!) So from what I see they have inflated stats from playing a ridiculously easy schedule in what's easily the biggest joke for a division in football....Am I wrong?? Of course I am!! I'm picking apart The Seahawks...The best team in the NFL:rolleyes: I think I know why you misspell your name...Because there's nothing REAL about these posts you're doing and the only REAL THING will be a Steeler blowout of Seattle on Sunday...So have a box of tissues ready so you can dry your eyes when it's over..

Terrible towels will be good for something this year. wipe those tears of disappointment. Holmgren is a very good coach. This will show the US that Seattle is the best team. I remember that Giants game very well. I should, I was in the stands yelling my head off. During warmups my friend and I noticed that Feeley was not kicking very well. We knew if it came down to the end, he wouldn't be reliable. Inflate stats? Seattle rested players and didn't try to run up the scores. That Packers game was not a typical game. They got Alexander is touchdown and rushing title and then let the backups play.
Washington didn't fall apart in the playoffs, Seattle earned that victory. Pittsburgh had trouble with the Bungles. Steelers practically gave the game to the Colts. Steelers have struggled through 2 of 3 games.

warparty666 said:
I think Pittsburgh's going to win, which is good for Seattle fans since I've been wrong the last four years.
The more I look at all the stats and how the teams matchup I've changed my mind, Seahawks by 3.

Riehlthing said:
Terrible towels will be good for something this year. wipe those tears of disappointment. Holmgren is a very good coach. This will show the US that Seattle is the best team. I remember that Giants game very well. I should, I was in the stands yelling my head off. During warmups my friend and I noticed that Feeley was not kicking very well. We knew if it came down to the end, he wouldn't be reliable. Inflate stats? Seattle rested players and didn't try to run up the scores. That Packers game was not a typical game. They got Alexander is touchdown and rushing title and then let the backups play.
Washington didn't fall apart in the playoffs, Seattle earned that victory. Pittsburgh had trouble with the Bungles. Steelers practically gave the game to the Colts. Steelers have struggled through 2 of 3 games.
Keep trying to convince yourself of that.....Your alarm clock goes off at about 9:30p Sunday night (est)

warparty666 said:
The more I look at all the stats and how the teams matchup I've changed my mind, Seahawks by 3.
Exactly. All the strengths the Steelers have, Seahawks counter it. Steelers are known as a running team and Seattle is one of the best defending the run. If Steelers pass, Seattle has the defensive line to get pressure without blitzing leaving more guys in coverage. Seattle's def is better suited to stop the Steelers offense.

I thought the Steelers had momentum going in but with this extra week off I think they will come back down. Seahawks seem too have a slight edge in almost every way. This game may be one of the better Super Bowls of recent years.

Riehlthing said:
Exactly. All the strengths the Steelers have, Seahawks counter it. Steelers are known as a running team and Seattle is one of the best defending the run. If Steelers pass, Seattle has the defensive line to get pressure without blitzing leaving more guys in coverage. Seattle's def is better suited to stop the Steelers offense.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE DREAMING!!!!

Sure I'm dreaming. Just face it, you're a fake football fan that jumped on the Patriots bandwagon. You have no football knowledge west of the Mississippi River. Go back to rooting for your bandwagon team paco, I'm done trying to enlighten you about teams west of the Mississippi. You probably still think the Faiderz are in L.A.

Riehlthing said:
Sure I'm dreaming. Just face it, you're a fake football fan that jumped on the Patriots bandwagon. You have no football knowledge west of the Mississippi River. Go back to rooting for your bandwagon team paco, I'm done trying to enlighten you about teams west of the Mississippi. You probably still think the Faiderz are in L.A.
I've been a life long Pats fan who's forgotten more about the NFL than you'll ever know!!! You couldn't enlighten a dark room with a flashlight!! Sorry you're backing a loser but I got a feeling the team matches your life....And just so you know fag, I intend on harrassing your unmercifully as soon as you seahawks get smoked tonight... Who are the Faiderz??? LOSER!!!

So, I can finally chime in. Just two days ago, I was in a pub and ran into a guy from Pittsburg. He kept telling me "GO STEELERS!" I thought I could share it with you.