Footballs Back...

Argh! I thought this thread would be about REAL football and not rugby for pussies!
Next weekend the Premier League starts up, and we can enjoy another season of Footie...
Go Pompey!

dailyvault said:
I'm just hoping the Bears don't suck ass again this year, and that they're actually able to keep a starting quarterback for more than five games. Especially important for me now that I refuse to watch hockey anymore (except for the Wolves).

I really hope that with Turner as Offensive Coach, that Grossman will actually get to throw 20 yard passes. (Instead of the classic Shoop "5 yard dump and run"). I'm really optimistic about the team. I mean, I'm not holding out for the Superbowl, but I put them at something like 9-7.

Now we have his address and know when he won't be home. Time for a good ol' Home Invasion. Who's got a truck?

steeltatt.jpg
Maybe this year...

It's not looking like a good year for the Packers, tho... To lost offensive linemen that keep everyone from hitting old-man Favre. Shit for a defensive backfield... Looks like Chicago & GB will be fighting for 2nd this year, unless the Vikings choke again, like they do every year!

So what's everyone's predictions for the season?

AFC:
Afc west - Chargers. Clearly the best team in the division.
Afc north - I'll go with pittsburgh, but won't be surprised if baltmore wins it. The big question is can ben duplicate last year.
Afc south - Indy. No brainer.
Afc east - Pats, though with all their losses, it could open the door for the jets

Wildcard- Jets/ravens

NFC:
Nfc east - Philly. It will be interesting to see how T.O. will bounce back after his injury and contract dispute, and the loss of pinkston
Nfc north - Shootout between the vikings and packers. Even with the loss of moss, min should be able to come out on top with an improved defense.
Nfc west - Who cares? They'll be bounced in the first round
Nfc south - Atlanta. another year for vick to grow, and an already outstanding defense has been upgraded.

Wild card: Packers/Panthers

Playoffs:

Afc:
Wc round

Chargers over ravens
Steelers over jets

Divisional round:
Indy over steelers
Pats over chargers

Afc champ:
Colts beat pats.

NFC:
Wc round:
Packers over whoever falls into the west title
Panthers over vikings

Divisional:

Atlanta over packers
Panthers over eagles

NFC champ:

Atlanta over panthers.

SUPERBOWL:
Atlanta vs. Indianapolis

Bump this thread in feb so everyone can see how right I was.

Packers? They're on the decline. Lost both their starting guards. Lost Darren Sharper. No way. 7-9, maybe 8-8.

Baltimore is my sleeper Super Bowl team. If Boller can have a good year (big if, I know) they could be very tough.

lokey said:
southampton to go straight back up to the premiership as champs!

Enjoy the 7million we gave ya for Crouchy :) Boy better deliver... good luck with promotion. Always liked the Saints (Le Tissier was class and any team that thumps the Scum 6-3 and 7-2* is good in my book).

* a few seasons past since those victories mind you

Football?
A bunch of men wearing tons of padding coz they dont wanna get hurt Playing a game that stops every 20 seconds! Ha!
Try Rugby!

They already played Super Bowl XXX. Dallas 27 Pittsburgh 17. I think you mean Super Bowl XL. Super Bowl XX was Chicago's destruction of New England. The 85 Bears had the best defense I've ever seen, just ahead of Baltimore's 2000 defense.