For all runners out there

Battle.Angel

Running after the rain
Feb 15, 2008
Seattle's coffee shops
How much do you usually run? How many miles, how many minutes, speed etc. I'm just curious :loco:

I've been running for fun for years.. (I just started because I couldn't sit still anymore while studying for exams) but I never really went to the gym on a regular basis. Now I signed up for a really awesome one here yesterday and went on the treadmill today for the first time.. And it shows you how many miles you ran, the time, speed and so on.. Kinda cool! Since I always used to run outside I never checked for my speed or anything. I just ran until I got tired and then I went back home.. So.. Now I wanna pratice for a half marathon.

Anybody else into running? It's so addictive... =D

heh, I am a runner.

I try to go jogging 3 times out of the week, but what usually happens is I am busy or too tired during the weekdays so I just go runnin' on weekends. Feels great and is so rewarding. 10 miles from me is a lake, river, mountains, whatever you like. Sets your mind straight and relieves stress for the normal shit I go through.

I usually do 2 miles, sometimes I just go to walk and enjoy the outdoors.

Between 2 and 5 days a week. 4-6 miles on average, on mixed but fairly flat terrain. If it's on consecutive days, I'll carry a weighted rucksack in a rough circuit of controlled pace for a mile or so, then a 100 metre sprint, quick march/walk and repeat; and no kit on interstitial days, with a focus on sprinting.

Not my favourite part of training, though.

I was shown this web-site recently. Pretty helpful.
http://www.mapmyrun.com/

I prefer blade runners.

bladerunner1.jpg

heh, I am a runner.

I try to go jogging 3 times out of the week, but what usually happens is I am busy or too tired during the weekdays so I just go runnin' on weekends. Feels great and is so rewarding. 10 miles from me is a lake, river, mountains, whatever you like. Sets your mind straight and relieves stress for the normal shit I go through.

I usually do 2 miles, sometimes I just go to walk and enjoy the outdoors.

10 miles is what I did on the treadmill yesterday in 1h 40min. whoa, I think I never ran more than 1h without a break before... It feels so good. It's much easier on the treadmill than outside I think. However.. The treadmill is very useful to work on my speed :Spin: So far I only run in a kind of slow jogging mode. That really has to change.. lol.

Sorry if you misunderstood me, but I don't run 10 miles :lol:! What I meant to say is 10 miles from my house is a nice lake, bunch of canals, mountains, and rivers that I drive to, haha. If you are doing ten miles on treadmill or whatever, that is still quite a work out! I usually do 2 mile jogs about 3 times a week. Gonna go later this evening =)

Sorry if you misunderstood me, but I don't run 10 miles :lol:! What I meant to say is 10 miles from my house is a nice lake, bunch of canals, mountains, and rivers that I drive to, haha. If you are doing ten miles on treadmill or whatever, that is still quite a work out! I usually do 2 mile jogs about 3 times a week. Gonna go later this evening =)
ah, right. Sorry.. ;) Yeah, that was quite a good workout yesterday. My legs are still sore.. But I love it! :D My usual outside running track is 3 miles long, with somes hills... But I don't like running on hills.. That's another good thing about the treadmill! haha.