For Drummers out there

CauldronBorn

Under the knife
Feb 1, 2004
I am not a drummer, but I have a question for any drummers out there. Can anybody play the opening double-bass part in Lustfull and Free. It is so insanely fast, Rikard must be cheating some how! I made some of my drummer friends listen to that song, and they were all shocked at just how fast it is! What do you guys think?

Rikard is one of the most consistent drummers in metal!
Each time Ive seen Panzer live he blows me away
Him and John are just realy tight as a rythmn section.

On top of the amazing drumming skills
Rikard is an awesome person to talk with and an overall great guy.

CauldronBorn said:
Can anybody play the opening double-bass part in Lustfull and Free. It is so insanely fast, Rikard must be cheating some how!

If you mean that part before the lyrics kick in (00:15-00:30 approx), that's not double bass, it's triplets. And not very fast, too... ;)

I made some of my drummer friends listen to that song, and they were all shocked at just how fast it is! What do you guys think?

If we're talking about the same part, your drummer friends ain't much of the players... :)
Also, there are many drummers that could do this triplets on bass drums only.
Sean Reinert, Virgil Donati, Bobby Jarzombek, Gene Hoglan, Richard Christy among others... Rikard doesn't usually play as insane phrases as these folks, so I'm not sure about him. But he's very good drummer, there's no question about it.

p.s. I'm a guitarist :)

Seeing as how you are part of the croatian panzer division, I have one thing to say to you: Jebem ti mater! Just kidding dude! I thought that part was really fast, but I don't play drums either. The drummers that listened to those songs are in the vein of Scott Travis and Mike Portnoy. Killer drummers in their own rights!

Take care Gospodine Bolesan Momak ahahahah

CauldronBorn said:
I have one thing to say to you: Jebem ti mater! Just kidding dude!

I ja tebi. :D

I thought that part was really fast, but I don't play drums either. The drummers that listened to those songs are in the vein of Scott Travis and Mike Portnoy. Killer drummers in their own rights!

Doesn't surprise me for yourself, but if they are "killer drummers" as you say, they should've figured it out instantly.

Take care Gospodine Bolesan Momak ahahahah

You too, Gospodine Rodjen Iz Kotla ;)

The answer to any question regarding drumming can be easily answered in two words:

Virgil Donati.

pfft, can YOU do double on double bass pedal as fast as he can? nope. neither can i =/

urinalcakemix said:
The answer to any question regarding drumming can be easily answered in two words:

Virgil Donati.

He's surely a great drummer, with excellent technique and stamina.
But that still doesn't make him _that_ great in my eyes....
I've heard lots of far more interesting drummers.

pfft, can YOU do double on double bass pedal as fast as he can?

No... I'm not a drummer.

nope. neither can i =/

So what? :rolleyes: