For me, the best the best vocalists of the fest were....

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
Andy Kuntz....the begining of the VP set could have decived you, but the acoustic show for gold badgers showed him in all his glory.

Rob Tiranti from Labyrinth. What a range and control.

Of course, Snowy Shaw (some pipes for a drummer) and Thomas Vikstrom!!!! Therion brought down the place...and the backup female singers of course were amazing too...one of them being Vikstrom's daughter!!!

Andy Kuntz....the begining of the VP set could have decived you, but the acoustic show for gold badgers showed him in all his glory.

Andy is a no brainer but my God, Rob blew me away. I had no idea he had that large of a range.

Also, while he doesn't have the widest range, the guy from Voyager was pitch perfect and may have been the best showman of the fest.

Andy Kuntz was incredible at the acoustic show OMG. And Rob Tiranti was spot on perfect the entire time. I had no idea he could shatter glass with that voice. I also thought Warrel did an amazing job, and the keyboard player from Ihsahn/Leprous was amazing too.

Everyone from Therion, Andy Kuntz and while I'm not a big fan of Labyrinth, I got to give their singer props.

Daniel Estrin was probably the best frontman of the weekend.

I was really impressed with his vocals I must say. For a guy that's been around a while, he really can deliver.

yeah, i mean he and Warrel can no longer hit the highs they used to in their youth but both of them surprised the hell out of me at PP. where i thought Rob from Labyrinth only did really well with is his super highs and when singing softly. Other than that for an opera singer he sounded off far too many times. However, i did enjoy Labyrinth's set selection immensely.

Andy is a no brainer but my God, Rob blew me away. I had no idea he had that large of a range.

Also, while he doesn't have the widest range, the guy from Voyager was pitch perfect and may have been the best showman of the fest.

This. Rob's range was better live than on his albums - this is paradoxical.

And Danny is a born showman. He could not have been having more fun, or the universe would have imploded.

Andy ++ First show Thursday was amazing, but OMG the acoustic show gave me the shivers. Gethsemane was frighteningly powerful. After that it's Chity and Daniel from Voyager. Amazing.

Tom Englund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Jen

yeah, i mean he and Warrel can no longer hit the highs they used to in their youth but both of them surprised the hell out of me at PP. where i thought Rob from Labyrinth only did really well with is his super highs and when singing softly. Other than that for an opera singer he sounded off far too many times. However, i did enjoy Labyrinth's set selection immensely.

You're a prick

~Jen

From where I was sitting in the venue,Rob was spot on every song.I must have been in an alternate Center Stage universe.....

No, he's just a prick that obviously thrives on negativity. I've had enough of his consistently snarky posts on the forum.

~Jen

I think everyone in the venue for the most part disagrees with him anyway.They wouldn't have gotten a standing ovation if he had been that off.Let the respect and appreciation that the fans showed at the end of Labyrinth's set speak for itself when it comes to Rob's performance.

I think everyone in the venue for the most part disagrees with him anyway.They wouldn't have gotten a standing ovation if he had been that off.Let the respect and appreciation that the fans showed at the end of Labyrinth's set speak for itself when it comes to Rob's performance.

A-friggan-MEN!! I personally thought Labyrinth, and Rob in particular, was incredible.

As for the original topic of this post, I have to pretty much parrot what every one else was saying. To be honest, I think ALL of the vocalists this weekend put on incredible performances. It will simply come down to a matter of personal preferences as to who was "better" then the others. Makes for some interesting discussion though.

Tom for sure. He may not pull off insanely impressive range jumps, but he's got more soul in one line than some songs about dragons have in their entirety

Totally and completely agree...

I cannot put into words how amazing it was to hear Gethsemane live... it was f'n phenominal... :worship: