what were the best movies of 2007? and most anticipated for '08?

I don't see how you could hate Shaun of the Dead. Hot Fuzz was good, but only when the action started.

I agree about hot fuzz. It started out pretty slow paced and not that interesting, but right from the moment where he double face kicks the old woman, I was :lol:ing in awe.

you guys liked Shaun of the Dead? wow, that was a terrible terrible movie

Die.

Die now.

Die horribly.

Just die.

EDIT: Seriously, I'm usually quite a big defender of personal taste, and can understand why certain people may like some things, but not others - but if tou're willing to say that either Shaun Of The Dead or Hot Fuzz are anything less than cinematic comedic genius, I will fight you.

I thought it was hilarious before I got over here, and since I've been over here even more hilarious.

Shaun of the Dead > Hot Fuzz for this very reason. I almost stopped watching Hot Fuzz because there simply wasn't anything interesting happening for the first 45 minutes or whatever.

for me, it was pre-action Hot Fuzz ruled ... the BSing is brilliant.

it was probably why I liked it more than SOTD as that one was mostly action.

Black Knight, they took Katie Holmes out of the portrait thank god
elcaballeronegro.jpg

Hot Fuzz (i agree its better than SOTD, funnier and the gore had more impact)
Planet Terror (Death Proof suffered horribly every moment Kurt Russell was absent)
Die Hard 4
Transformers
Pans Labyrinth was good but :cry:
American Gangster was good until the end when he turned snitch, id much rather watch The Departed. (2006 i know)
didnt see a lot of other new ones that i can think of...

Machete! -this will rule so much
Dark Night -looks like a good joker
new Rambo
new Indiana Jones better have Mastodon - Crystal Skull!