??? For San Francisco Concert Goer's

This thread has good timing since I just took a job out there. So, I'm moving to the Bay Area (Silicon Valley) from Atlanta in January. I've lived in the ATL most all my life, so it will be a big transition for me.

I will definitely need to know where to go for metal concerts.

I also need to meet some of you SF ProgPower people because I don't really know anyone out there at all! I'm sure the metal scene out there is better than Atlanta though.:headbang:

Robin

Cool beans. Are you miving to San Jose area? There is alot to do down round them parts for sure...As for the metal scene, it has its ups and downs. You will find that you will have to travel some distances to get to some concerts. San Jose is south about 40 minutes from San Frrancisco and those are the two major meca spots for action...

This thread has good timing since I just took a job out there. So, I'm moving to the Bay Area (Silicon Valley) from Atlanta in January. I've lived in the ATL most all my life, so it will be a big transition for me.

I will definitely need to know where to go for metal concerts.

I also need to meet some of you SF ProgPower people because I don't really know anyone out there at all! I'm sure the metal scene out there is better than Atlanta though.:headbang:

Robin

Dude, see ya at the shows, I live and work in Silicon Valley and yes a lot of shows are in SF so It's a bit of a drive especially on weeknights, but it's not too bad. There is hell of a lot going on in San Jose too. San Jose will have the A's in a couple years and the Sharks rule! So if you like sports this is a great place too.

You're gonna dig it here, even if gas is 40 more cents + more per gallon haha! And get ready for multiculturalism at it's finest...

Dude, see ya at the shows, I live and work in Silicon Valley and yes a lot of shows are in SF so It's a bit of a drive especially on weeknights, but it's not too bad. There is hell of a lot going on in San Jose too. San Jose will have the A's in a couple years and the Sharks rule! So if you like sports this is a great place too.

You're gonna dig it here, even if gas is 40 more cents + more per gallon haha! And get ready for multiculturalism at it's finest...

Dude going off topic for a second.. The game last night was awesome!!!! Nice blanking of the Yotes!!! One up on the Kings right now too!!!!

Hockey + Metal = Life :headbang:

Hey Kids!!!

No worries my friends.
Although the Pound was a Mecca for metal as far as its' dedication to the metal genre was concerned, it will not be missed due to the fact that a lot of bands we all enjoy require a higher ceiling with better acoustics and a location that is not in the middle of the hood.
My associate and I are working very hard to find alternate locations in San Francisco for metal shows. In fact, we are very close to a big announcement for something we are planning in 2007 at location we have already chosen.
I will certainly be at Testament and Vicious Rumors in January if any of you have questions. By then, the website should hopefully be up and the announcement already released to the public. Have a great day!:headbang:

Cool! I can't wait to get out there! It was 20 degrees here last week! I hate it!

I didn't know that people out there were that big into Hockey! :)
I used to be a bigger sports fan than I am now. I was really it to the Braves back in the 90's. I still follow pro football occasionally (my family is from Pittsburgh originally, so I HAVE to be a Steeler's fan). I've always liked the 49ers :).

I'm moving to Redwood City, and I'll be working in Mountain View, so I should be able to get to both San Jose and San Francisco in a reasonable amount of time. Besides, in Atlanta driving an hour is nothing...a lot of people have hour long commutes.

I'm a big foodie; I'm looking forward to all the great food and wine out there probably more than anything.

And I won't have to complain every time a major tour I want to see skips the Southeast (which happens most of the time). :headbang:
However, going to PP just got a lot more expensive (which is why I won't be able to afford to sponsor this year; esp. with the move and all).

Robin

Cool. I just moved from Redwood City ealier this year, lived there for 4 years, I live about 8 minutes north of RWC...Hope your in a good part of that city? The west side of El Camino?... Anyways Yeah you will like it, I think the coldest it gets round these parts is low 30's at night and during the day 50's and 60's right now....

There is a cool little place in RWC you will have to check out when you get a chance called The Little Fox Theater, they have some cool bands play there occasionally...

Bear

Hey Kids!!!

No worries my friends.
Although the Pound was a Mecca for metal as far as its' dedication to the metal genre was concerned, it will not be missed due to the fact that a lot of bands we all enjoy require a higher ceiling with better acoustics and a location that is not in the middle of the hood.
My associate and I are working very hard to find alternate locations in San Francisco for metal shows. In fact, we are very close to a big announcement for something we are planning in 2007 at location we have already chosen.
I will certainly be at Testament and Vicious Rumors in January if any of you have questions. By then, the website should hopefully be up and the announcement already released to the public. Have a great day!:headbang:
Excellent news! Glad someone is carrying the metal torch out there! Can't wait to hear the announcement! A few of my favorite bands are from NorCal, so it may be time for a roadtrip. Good luck with everything!

Cool. I just moved from Redwood City ealier this year, lived there for 4 years, I live about 8 minutes north of RWC...Hope your in a good part of that city? The west side of El Camino?... Anyways Yeah you will like it, I think the coldest it gets round these parts is low 30's at night and during the day 50's and 60's right now....

There is a cool little place in RWC you will have to check out when you get a chance called The Little Fox Theater, they have some cool bands play there occasionally...

Bear

Cool, I'll have to check that place out.

Actually, the apartment complex is on the East side of 101. It is actually on the Bay at a Marina. It is pretty awesome!

Robin

Hey Kids!!!

No worries my friends.

This is exactly the response I wanted to hear when starting this thread. Great News! :kickass: Hope everything goes as planned and the info will be released soon.

Cool! I can't wait to get out there! It was 20 degrees here last week! I hate it!

I didn't know that people out there were that big into Hockey! :)
I used to be a bigger sports fan than I am now. I was really it to the Braves back in the 90's. I still follow pro football occasionally (my family is from Pittsburgh originally, so I HAVE to be a Steeler's fan). I've always liked the 49ers :).

I'm moving to Redwood City, and I'll be working in Mountain View, so I should be able to get to both San Jose and San Francisco in a reasonable amount of time. Besides, in Atlanta driving an hour is nothing...a lot of people have hour long commutes.

I'm a big foodie; I'm looking forward to all the great food and wine out there probably more than anything.

And I won't have to complain every time a major tour I want to see skips the Southeast (which happens most of the time). :headbang:
However, going to PP just got a lot more expensive (which is why I won't be able to afford to sponsor this year; esp. with the move and all).

Robin

Yeah...I have lived here in Sf for about 10 years, however, I am a die hard Silver & Black fan and really would rather not discuss Football this year if you know what I mean. I am routing for New Orleans to go to the Super Bowl for obvious reasons.
No problem about introducing you to the best restaurants and bars I am a bit of a Foodie as well.
See ya soon!

ROADTRIP!!! Make it happen Rick!!! That would be awesome!:headbang:
Hey Brett!

Yes it would! I've been waiting for a few months for Enchant to schedule a show Ed has been talking about them doing a CA show for some time now). I've been dying to see them for almost 8 years now. The DVD rocks, but I want the real thing. If this "big announcement" includes them, it will difficult not to come out for that. Besides, I love NorCal and its been almost 7 years since I was there last. Although I may be coming out in Feb. for a training course for work in Livermore.

So let's hope it all works out and I just may be seeing you! :kickass:

Cool, I'll have to check that place out.

Actually, the apartment complex is on the East side of 101. It is actually on the Bay at a Marina. It is pretty awesome!

Robin

I know where it is, by the auto dealers and movie theater, very cool secure area, nice. I live on the Bay myself, well a Lagoon near the bay, its a nice area around here...You will love it I am sure.

Hey Brett!

Yes it would! I've been waiting for a few months for Enchant to schedule a show Ed has been talking about them doing a CA show for some time now). I've been dying to see them for almost 8 years now. The DVD rocks, but I want the real thing. If this "big announcement" includes them, it will difficult not to come out for that. Besides, I love NorCal and its been almost 7 years since I was there last. Although I may be coming out in Feb. for a training course for work in Livermore.

So let's hope it all works out and I just may be seeing you! :kickass:

Woot Woot Woot!!!!:headbang: :kickass: