For the fans of BMD...

Demaniac

So far, so good , so not!
Mar 23, 2003
Finland
Visit site
Check out a band called Rapture (www.rapture.tk).
A really talented band they are and I´m sure most Katatonia fans would like their music. Hmm, not gonna hype anything in next 12 months... :)
My sincere recommendations...

Dude, Guardian Of Darkness, you have me speechless for the moment. Daylight Dies better than Rapture??!!!!?? Jesus Asshole Christ, I couldn't disagree with you more!!! No offense to Jesse Haff and co., as I really do enjoy Idle and No Reply, but don't feel that they have found their sound yet. Rapture is actually ahead of them in that game methinks. While Futile was absolutely fucking brilliant,and every BMD and SOD fan should own it, they(Rapture) are beginning to mature into something Katatonia-esque while going further away from that structure with Songs For The Withering. Every single fucking Katatonia fan should buy both Futile and Songs For The Withering, if only to solidify their monument of sonic depression.

Demaniac said:
Check out a band called Rapture (www.rapture.tk).
A really talented band they are and I´m sure most Katatonia fans would like their music. Hmm, not gonna hype anything in next 12 months... :)
My sincere recommendations...

Thankx Demaniac.. I have checked them out... they are awesome.
Mine opinion now, that Rapture is way much better than Daylight Dies!!!
But everybody have their own taste and their opinion

I think that daylight dies are better musicians, the song structures are a bit more interesting than rapture However I think that Rapture have more interesting and memorable songs and I do like them a bit better, songs for the withering is such a great cd, there is only one song on there that I didn't enjoy 100% the rest are great

The Scourge said:
Dude, Guardian Of Darkness, you have me speechless for the moment. Daylight Dies better than Rapture??!!!!?? Jesus Asshole Christ, I couldn't disagree with you more!!! No offense to Jesse Haff and co., as I really do enjoy Idle and No Reply, but don't feel that they have found their sound yet. Rapture is actually ahead of them in that game methinks. While Futile was absolutely fucking brilliant,and every BMD and SOD fan should own it, they(Rapture) are beginning to mature into something Katatonia-esque while going further away from that structure with Songs For The Withering. Every single fucking Katatonia fan should buy both Futile and Songs For The Withering, if only to solidify their monument of sonic depression.

Ok, I admit, I've only heard two Rapture songs, whereas I have No Reply. Sorry.

October Tide own them both though, surely, because they are just amazing.

Forgotten Tomb, yes please. Forgotten Tomb is like Dolorian mixed with Dolorian, some more Dolorian, and then a few Katatonia leads and black metal á la Shining and Burzum. Very good stuff.

If you haven't heard Dolorian, like I hadn't a while ago, get "When All The Laughter Has Gone" and be amazed at the gigantic amount of Dolorian influence that is in Forgotten Tomb...

Rapture are totally excellent. "Songs for the Withering" is my 2nd favourite album from last year (with "The Mantle" being #1) -- solid, melancholy yet catchy straight through.

One shouldn't compare Daylight Dies to Rapture. While both have roots in BMD-era Katatonia they've walked very different paths with their new albums, Rapture being more catchy and melodic with clean vocals etc. and Daylight Dies having technical riffs and unorthodox, more complex song structures and such. I like both a lot.

I have "Futile" and "Songs for the Withering".. two of my favorite cd's, one of my favorite bands. "Futile" is my favorite. I enjoy them more than Daylight Dies.. I can't make a choice between them and October Tide (not that I have to :) ) Definitly go buy their 2 albums!

**oh and Rapture & October Tide > Old Katatonia.. way greater

Yeah, Rapture is great indeed. I have only Futile right now and it's one of the real gems in my albumcase. It's the only album I know, that has the same magical atmosphere that surrounds BMD itself. Songs for the Withering is good as well, but isn't as strong an album as Futile. There are some real killer songs however, like Transfixion.

I've also seen the live and they were really good. Not godlike like Katatonia when they play Murder, but really really good. And one thing that made the gig even better is that about half of the audience were chicks. And now I'm talking about some hot ones. ;) And which is even better is that a few of them tried to pick ME up. :hotjump:Gosh, not very usual for me at least.

Katos Heimo! Olitpa lurjus soittanut SftW:ta Tuomakselle ja sepä sitten hehkutteli sitä ihan kuin ei olis kuullutkaan mun soittamaani Futilea. Perkule. ;D Hei muuten, mulla loppuu duunit tässä tällä viikolla, joten vois joku päivä pitää Tuomaksella tai mun luona musailtaa.

samoniac said:
Yeah, Rapture is great indeed. I have only Futile right now and it's one of the real gems in my albumcase. It's the only album I know, that has the same magical atmosphere that surrounds BMD itself. Songs for the Withering is good as well, but isn't as strong an album as Futile. There are some real killer songs however, like Transfixion.

I've also seen the live and they were really good. Not godlike like Katatonia when they play Murder, but really really good. And one thing that made the gig even better is that about half of the audience were chicks. And now I'm talking about some hot ones. ;) And which is even better is that a few of them tried to pick ME up. :hotjump:Gosh, not very usual for me at least.

Katos Heimo! Olitpa lurjus soittanut SftW:ta Tuomakselle ja sepä sitten hehkutteli sitä ihan kuin ei olis kuullutkaan mun soittamaani Futilea. Perkule. ;D Hei muuten, mulla loppuu duunit tässä tällä viikolla, joten vois joku päivä pitää Tuomaksella tai mun luona musailtaa.

Heh, I saw them at Stella Star Club during Tuska. I guess we´re talking
about the same gig, aren´t we? Yes, there were good-looking women including one who introduced me to the band...Just got "Futile" today. I copied it from my friends wavs...a killer indeed. It´s however nice that the recent album is a bit different though...

Jep, pidetäänpä vain. Ens viikonloppuna oon tosin HYY:n tuutorileirillä, mutta katotaanko vaikka ens viikolla...?