For the fans of BMD...

This is like saying I like apples better then oranges better then grapes better then plums. And comments like "This band OWNS those bands"... Come on... Seriously, this gets a bit silly. I'm sure daylight Dies and Rapture don't sit down and try to make a better BMD CD. They do their own thing, and if it comes out sounding like Katatonia, or some other band,thats just how it is, but i'm sure they don't enjoy reading garbage like that. Everyone who doesn't write or create music thinks it's so easy to do, they can be so fast to compare, and write off the band. The new katatonia CD has songs with riffs dangerously close to riffs on My Dying Brides "Angel and the Dark River", and some vocal moments, as well as riff arrangements to Opeth, but you'll never hear anyone make mention of that, and lump them all in the same group. People need to open their minds a little bit. There is a thin line between Popularity and Originality, and some fans have a hard time between the two.

Novembers Paul said:
This is like saying I like apples better then oranges better then grapes better then plums. And comments like "This band OWNS those bands"... Come on... Seriously, this gets a bit silly. I'm sure daylight Dies and Rapture don't sit down and try to make a better BMD CD. They do their own thing, and if it comes out sounding like Katatonia, or some other band,thats just how it is, but i'm sure they don't enjoy reading garbage like that. Everyone who doesn't write or create music thinks it's so easy to do, they can be so fast to compare, and write off the band. The new katatonia CD has songs with riffs dangerously close to riffs on My Dying Brides "Angel and the Dark River", and some vocal moments, as well as riff arrangements to Opeth, but you'll never hear anyone make mention of that, and lump them all in the same group. People need to open their minds a little bit. There is a thin line between Popularity and Originality, and some fans have a hard time between the two.

Thank you Paul. This is the reply I had been waiting for. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Yeah!!! I think the same! Daylight Dies are Daylight Dies, of course they are not Katatonia-son!!!!
They are different, but play a kind of music that a lot of bands are playing: Metal music or tell it in your way!!! Each band are different, I think.

I agree to a point Paul but you can't deny the massive amount of influence these bands take from the old Katatonia style. I'm sure all of these bands set out to be different (and they all are) But the katatonic guitar riffs and atmosphere work their way into their music, especially Rapture's. So no, they are not ripoff bands in fact I don't think anyone else could create another Brave Murder Day if they tried.

ChromeLife said:
I like Futile alot better than SFTW... that album is so doomy.

i have both of these albums and i also think Futile is better...ive been listening to Songs For The Withering more and more though lately and am starting to like it more

i think Futile has more of an album feel to it...i tend to listen to it all the way through when i put it on...the songs on SFTW are just that really...i cant seem to listen to it straight through...i skip to certain songs more often then i do with Futile