For the record

mindspell

vvv Jake's ass vvv
Jul 6, 2002
Montreal
www.mindspell.org
Last night (there was a Tsunami relief concert on TV and Radio with a lot of Canadian celebrity present or had pre-recorded segments) cemented one of the things I thought for a while:

Despite their pretty serious demeanor and "cerebral" music, Rush are one of the most unassuming, nice and fun-loving band I have seen in my life. Last night they played Closer to the Heart with the help of a guy from the Barenaked Ladies and this guy (both on acoustic guitar and back vocals):

bubblesrap.jpg

Who's the character of a comedy series here called Trailer Park Boys (in which the main characters are drug dealers in a Trailer Park...)

This is a band that sold millions of records over the years and are one the biggest name in the history of Canadian music. It is not the kind of thing I would see U2 doing for example...

dude if you watch the documentary that is on the rush in rio dvd you would see that they are just like you describe them, joking around and being goofy and acting not like you would expect a prog rock band would act.