EMINEM: YES or NO?

eminem: YES or NO?

• yes, i like him

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • no, no i don't like him (i probably suck)

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • i like him, but preppy is cooler

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

minxnim

meow
Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
personally, i've always really liked this guy, even in the d12 days. he just reminds me of high school and how much it sucked being poor and having a crappy job at kmart and having to hitchhike to work and like, sleeping in a car in a fucking trailer park parking lot!
plus he's hot.

Originally posted by avi
what loaded responses you gave us!

this is like Florida 2000, all over again.

the smacking around of the girlfriend stuff makes me hate him, as i do all other poor people who smack around their SxOx's

the jason hockey mask he wore around for a while gets a solid B+, though...

Well, I think I at least "kinda" like anyone who creates amazing art, regardless of their moral behaviour. (if I didn't, there are artists who have done far worse things than Eminem has that I'd have to take off my "awesome" list...)

no one expects the wu tang to act better! shit, everyone knew tupac was raping girls left and right and they didn't care! what gives? same with biggie! same with the ghetto boys....

yea i mean, idealistically, women would actually get paid the same as men too. and gay people could openly shoot guns and stuff in the army. and black people would get reparation.... life sucks, but at least eminem is funny!

hah! okay we're even.

another funny thing about eminem: he made fun of lil kim's nose on the 8 mile soundtrack and you know she was like OMG!!! when she heard that.

He's hilarious, he needs to take a fucking risk producer-wise, though. He's lyrics, at times, are fantastic, but most of the beats *suck*. I'd be so much more interested if he'd get a richer production and canned all those cheesy choruses, too.

The last battle in 8mile was great. I just really wish I didn't have to sit through the rest of the movie. I was getting the "Breakin' 2" vibe a little hardcore:

"Yo, Cheddar Bob shot hisself in the leg!"
"I *know*, but I can't even be trippin cause you *know* I gots ta flip the script on this breakdancing competition."

I don't particularly like him or his music, mainly because I'm not a fan of rap at all. I think the majority of the bullshit he sings about is just done for the shock factor because that is what sells records, but I have to admit that he occasionally comes up with something insightful, whether he really means to or not. I don't have a real problem with him as long as he is open about the fact that his personality is meant to be taken for its value as a type of entertainment and nothing more.