for those of you that program drums a question!!!

Have to say i'm a fan of the drum editor in Cubase, easiest i've seen thus far.

If someone could write something similar for Reaper, or even point me in the direction of a plugin i'd much appreciate it.

A picture is worth a thousand words..

So if its a vid, mm it would probably be.. 25kgs?

Thnks a lot man! the way you wrote the drums.. it was a bit faster then guitar pro haha!

Thanks again

I program it all in tabit...Then bring it into pro tools and throw whichever drum program I feel like using ATM and then i just solo out each drum and record it to another track.

That, or i'll go through the track with a midi pad and just tap out the basic beat and then just keep building on it.

thanks for the response! to be honest though all that stuff is kinda new to me, since all i have learnt is how to record guitars so far mainly.. :(

So a lot of what you guys are saying i understand but dont really know how to do. so maybe on my part i should try to do a bit more research and see if i can find more on how to do that stuff (the vid really helped by the way thanks again) since i am understanding the concepts but dont know how to apply them yet.

Thanks all!

You can use piano roll in cubase as well. Since your doing just demo stuff the velocities and all dont need to be edited nor do the tracks need to be taken to a different track I guess. You can check out youtube they have decnt amount of tutorials on how to program basic beats. But well I may not be the best person to explain.

Eshaan

I still find this more quicker to work with:

Cubase_LE-20090126-071234.jpg

I wanna ask you : how do you actually write them ? With the mouse ? With the keyboard ? Cause what I love in writing drums in GP, is that it's really easy to travel through the song, write exactly what you want in a musical writing rules way, and I quite never do a mistake. On a piano roll, I tend to find the process really slow, copy/paste is not as easy as in guitar pro where it works like Word, etc.

I'm actually curious ?

And for the thread : here I write in GP because anyway I write my songs in GP, then export a midi file, and in reaper it explodes it to as many tracks as there are midi instruments. Drums end in one midi file, and putting S2.0 or SSD3 on it triggers the good drums, and if you route each one to a specific track, you have 1 drum / 1 track. And done.

And for the thread : here I write in GP because anyway I write my songs in GP, then export a midi file, and in reaper it explodes it to as many tracks as there are midi instruments. Drums end in one midi file, and putting S2.0 or SSD3 on it triggers the good drums, and if you route each one to a specific track, you have 1 drum / 1 track. And done.

+1 Exactly how I do it....

-P

hey man, about your question
forget samples, it sounds very robotic (even for good digital drums!)

download BFD2 and write everything in your DAW, of record to DAW using digital drums, then arm with BFD2, which is best.